As you probably already know, we’re currently fighting two lawsuits in two different countries. Even though we always followed the law, this ordeal is proving to be quite costly. In the interim, we have instituted a far stricter addon submission policy, in order to shield us from any additional liability. This interim addon submission policy will likely remain in place until the conclusion of both lawsuits, so that the court will have a chance to clarify whether we are liable for user generated content, and whether certain Kodi scraper addons are liable for infringement or not.
Since there has been some confusion on our discussion forums as to which Kodi addons (and forks) can be discussed or not, we have decided to publish a transparency report listing which Kodi addons have been blacklisted. We must stress that even though a Kodi addon or developer is listed here, it does not mean it is infringing. It simply means that we are unable to easily verify the content licensing of the sources scraped, and therefore cannot risk having it distributed nor discussed over our platform. We understand that this may irritate some, but we still have many fantastic verified Kodi addons to offer.
In case you are interested learning more about copyright law, takedown notices and the DMCA – we suggest consulting the Lumen Database, GitHub DMCA History, as well as the Electronic Frontier Foundation.
Useful Compliance Details
- We’re Now Registered with the US Copyright Office
- DMCA Copyright Takedown Notice Policy
- Enforcing Copyright Absent of Takedown Notices
- Help Wanted: Hiring Anti-Piracy Compliance Officer
- Canada Does Not Shield User Generated Platforms
Blacklisted Kodi Addons (and Forks)
This list consists only of Kodi addons (and forks) which were banned within the last three months. Developers listed in brackets will not be welcome to use our platform, although their ban may be appealed should they cease distribution of blacklisted addons!
- 1Channel: plugin.video.1channel (kodibae)
- 9Anime: plugin.video.9anime (dxcx)
- SportsDevil: plugin.video.SportsDevil (kodibae)
- Death Streams: plugin.video.blamo (mrblamo420)
- Anime Incursion: plugin.video.animeincursion (nixgates)
- cCloud TV: plugin.video.ccloudtv (kodibae)
- Chappai: plugin.video.chappaai (mrblamo420)
- Covenant: plugin.video.covenant (covenantkodi)
- Elementum: plugin.video.elementum (elgatito)
- Exodus: plugin.video.exodus (kodibae)
- Gaia: plugin.video.gaia (gaiaorigin)
- IceFilms: plugin.video.icefilms (iceballs)
- IceFilms: plugin.video.icefilms.new (iceballs)
- Incursion: plugin.video.incursion (nixgates)
- Neptune Rising: plugin.video.neptune (mrblamo420)
- Placenta: plugin.video.placenta (mrblamo420)
- Sparkle: plugin.video.sparkle (iwannabelikemike)
- Sportie: plugin.video.sportie (kodibae)
- Release HUB: plugin.video.theyidrh (mrentertainment)
- Ultimate IPTV: plugin.video.uiptv (kodibae)
- Ultimate Whitecream: plugin.video.uwc (kodibae)
- WatchNixtoons: plugin.video.watchnixtoons (nixgates)
- XXX-O-DUS: plugin.video.xxx-o-dus (kodibae)
This list will not be actively updated, a new transparency report will be issued at the beginning of each season. Takedown reports of previously blacklisted Kodi addons are available for consultation as well. We hope that our users will respect the blacklist and not discuss blacklisted addons on our discussion forums.