We like to think that we provide great addons and a very nice place for people to share and converse, but the one thing we are really missing is good videos! Unfortunately our time is too consumed with addon development for us to start making our own. We’re hoping for is to find 2-3 people who can make them for us, as need be. Ideally, we’d like to find people who already have experience with YouTube and know a little bit about Kodi. However, we are not looking for people who have already made more than a few YouTube videos about Kodi. We want fresh new faces to represent our community!
If you think that you have what it takes to make professional caliber videos about Kodi, and want to give back to the community (and possibly promote your non-Kodi related YouTube channel to our network of 33436 followers), we’d like to invite you to audition for the position! We’re asking you to choose one of the guides that are listed below, post it onto YouTube, and email us the link. Making the videos should be fairly straight forward, just stick to the script you find within the guides on our site and add some personality to the mix. You’ll find everything you need to know below!
Please carefully read through the specifications below in order to make an audition video that’s best aligned with our community’s needs:
Please use the exact titles below and follow the installation procedure exactly as described in the guide, don’t forget to mention any requirements that are included in the guides as well.
- Unofficial Kodi for Dummies: Kodi Addons Setup for the Average Joe, or Jolene!
- Unofficial: Adding the Fusion Installer Source for Kodi (17.0 Krypton or Above)
- Unofficial: Installing the Indigo Tool to Configure Kodi Addons (17.0 Krypton or Above)
- Unofficial: Automatically Configure the Best Kodi Addons (17.0 Krypton or Above)
- Unofficial: Enabling InputStream Client for RTMP Streams in Kodi (17.0 Krypton or Above)
Please place our short splash intro (which includes a disclaimer) at the very beginning of each video, you’ll find a total of 6 options in the attached package.
- Make the video universal, don’t show your computer’s desktop or anything like that, stick to the Kodi interface itself.
- Feel free to add personality to the video, we want it to be fun and captivating!
- You’re encouraged to actually be in the video at some point or another, videos with people in them are always more popular on YouTube.
- Include any of your own comments that you think would be beneficial to the end user without complicating things.
- Be sure not to display any sort of copyrighted material or copyrighted music within the video.
- Don’t say anything about the video being an audition, if it’s good we’d like to be able to publish your video for our users to enjoy.
Submitting Your Audition
- Save your fully produced video in MP4 format.
- Send the audition video to us by WeTransfer to: email@example.com
We’ll be considering videos as we receive them, so get yours in as soon as possible, and who knows, maybe we’ll make you famous! In all seriousness, we really need some people to step forward and help us with this. It’s really important for us to have proper videos to help our users, instead of having them randomly search and end up finding the wrong information.