1080i vs 1080P - Video in full HD? PLEASE HELP???

Alex83

Jan 11, 2016
Hi,

I'm trying to stream "true HD" on my M8S box. I have a Sony full HD TV ( see below )

http://www.sony.co.in/product/kdl-40ex720

I'm having trouble with the video output settings. When on " auto select" it detects only 720p 60hz. However when I change it to 1080P 60 hz I notice a lot of the add-ons seems to stop working.

I've now set the box on 1080i - this allows me to play HD streams / 1080p streams and even 3D streams. However they are not quite " true 1080 HD".

Has anyone know why I cant set to full 1080p ?

Also are there any settings I should be making to the box in order to get full HD quality?

I was thinking maybe I need a better HDMI cable to connect my TV and box - would this be the issue?

I'm a bit of a film geek and love blue ray and 1080 so this is driving me nuts! please help

Stoofer

Staff member
Apr 18, 2015
Wales
You say that when you change it to 1080P 60 hz a lot of the add-ons seems to stop working. Can you explain what you mean exactly by "stop working"? Are you definitely sure you are downloading 1080p streams....and if so how have you checked that? Have you set your box to 1080P 60 hz and played back a video file locally that you know for certain is 1080p, does that play properly? Have you set your box to 1080P 50 hz and does the same thing happen?

It's a bit like taking a car into a garage and saying "it's broken, can you fix it?" The more information you provide the better chance you have of someone being able to zero into the problem.

tomh2o

Sep 30, 2012
yes make sure you set the tv to the same settings on the box the set it in kodi then reboot and try.

Alex83

Jan 11, 2016
You say that when you change it to 1080P 60 hz a lot of the add-ons seems to stop working. Can you explain what you mean exactly by "stop working"? Are you definitely sure you are downloading 1080p streams....and if so how have you checked that? Have you set your box to 1080P 60 hz and played back a video file locally that you know for certain is 1080p, does that play properly? Have you set your box to 1080P 50 hz and does the same thing happen?

It's a bit like taking a car into a garage and saying "it's broken, can you fix it?" The more information you provide the better chance you have of someone being able to zero into the problem.

I've sorted the problem now. I changed the HDMI cable from the factory one sent with the box to a high quality one I use for my blue-ray DVD player. Seems to have fixed the problem.

chief

Feb 15, 2016
the HDMI cable can't be the problem....

HDMI does not work that way to couse that kind of problems.

a bad or faulty cable has only two options. no image at all on your tv or white sparkles on the screen. no other options.
it's digital data divided into two identical streams and a control. and your tv compares both streams to the control, anything that's not the same is in both streams is dropped...

Stoofer

Staff member
Apr 18, 2015
Wales
Who said the cable was faulty?

Maybe the cheapo HMDI cable he got with the box was v1.0 and he was trying to squirt more than 4Gbit of Video data down it? Or trying to send it a 30bit SRGB signal? (Isn't it great what you can find on Wikipaedia!)

Then he tried a better quality (higher HDMI version compatible) cable and it worked.

Cable A - null points. Cable B - we have a winner!

Ya' can't argue with success.

chief

Feb 15, 2016
yes that could be possible...

and arguing with succes could lead to other success. ;) lol

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Debrid Services 7
D Video Addons 1
M OUYA 1