17.5 vs 17.3

billce

Jul 13, 2016
17.3 is the current version on my PC. Should it be replaced with 17.5 or is it secure? The addons I'm using (******, ********, *****, ********* and The Ro**l We) all work well. If 17.5 is installed, will any of those addons be deleted and, if so, can I get'em back?
Thanks in advance for any help.
I see I'm posting infringing content. How do I know what's infringing?
billce

Last edited:

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
Hey Bill. Nice having you back.
If your 17.3 works good, I would update it. If you are having issues, you may want to update. The choice is up to you really.
If you decide to update to 17.5 you should not lose anything (emphasis on SHOUlD NOT).
Infringing addons are pretty much anything that may stream illegal content. Note though that just because you see *s, doesn't mean it is infringing. It may just be that the addon you are mentioning is form another site/forum and not supported here. Don't sweat this too much.

cezi1

Aug 1, 2017
hello, for me was and remains the only best version of kodi Kodi 16.1 "Jarvis"
Now I use the version Kodi v17.5 "Krypton"

billce

Jul 13, 2016
Hi RR, good to see you again.
I've had Kodi and tvaddons.co long enough that I should know how to do this, but I still feel like a beginner:The instructions for installing a new version of Krypton are clear and easy to follow but I don't know if, when you're installing 17.5 over 17.3, do you uninstall 17.3 and then proceed with the install of 17.5?
Thanks for your patience and help.

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
No, you don't need to uninstall anything. If you do, you will lose all your settings. If you simply install over top the old Kodi, you get the latest version and get to keep all your settings.