3d television which one to buy

plendil

May 6, 2012
Devon UK
Hi there
Please can any one help
im about to buy a 3d smart tv . i dont know a lot about it apart from i will be able to watch 3d films ect . Question is can any one advise what to buy for the best
and can any one advise also ,if i buy the smart tv ,does that mean i can do away with my appletv2 and use the internet tv to go directly to 1Ch**nel and ice films to view the movies . iv no idea how this will work . Is there a link any where or a utube video or does any one out there already know how all this works ,in plain english please im not that good ,( yet) lol .. In short all you that have 3d tvs allready do you have any advise to give . i want to be able to veiw all the movies i now watch on xmbc via appletv2 . on a 3d smart telly ADVICE PLEASE any one
Thank you

plendil

May 6, 2012
Devon UK
I have just bought my 3d tv works well with appletv2

:D

Hi all
i did purchase my 3d tv at last .i went for a panasonic .. still a lot to get my head around but most importantly the 3D streams well with appletv2 .Just thought i would let you all know this bit of info.Will keep you informed as i learn more

Do you think we could have 3dtv in a new heading on the forum , as i am sure this will stir a lot of interest and questions
thank you

plendil

May 6, 2012
Devon UK
tuxen said:
plendil said:
Hi there tuxen.
A few weeks ago you gave me some really usefull info to a thread i did titled WHICH 3D TV TO BUY ,iv just come back off hols to look your replies up but they have all gone ????? what happened please

thank you
Yeah.. Unfortunately 20 hours or got deleted from the database. Even though I'm a team member and have asked about it I never got no answer why all these posts got lost (they where not only mine). :/
Hi i have had to post this as you were unable to recieve private messages due to your in box is full

OH what a shame you took the time to do a big write up for me on 3d tvs best settings ect .i doubt you remember but you did write loads for me . i wish i had copied it all now , as i was going to use that info to help me set up .

thank you any way , but how strange it was all deleted ??????

Lucky Thompson

Mar 12, 2012
Some threads / posts were delete due to the server maintenance which has now been fixed entirely and not only will isssues like this not occur but the site will be running better than ever! Sorry for any inconvenience and I hope you are enjoying your new 3D TV!

tuxen

Banned
Mar 23, 2012
Denmark
Yeah. Unfortunately I can not remember a fraction of all those tips I gave.
I can give you one good tip though; see if you can find a calibration sheet for your tv of some kind from some professionals that have measured the optimal settings. Because usually the factory preset are horrible, also every tv is a little different so do not take the calibration as absolute best for you but a starting point. And usually you do not have adjust much it further to your likings. So the right calibration can make a big difference compared to the factory settings. It sure did on mine.

Last edited:

otto99

Mar 30, 2013
cumbria uk
hi there i have a 3d smart tv and dont even use the smart function on it there is no real need and i havent found a way to install xbmc direct on to the tv so i still use my little box with xbmc running

also its a pain trying to type into your browser i found unless you buy a exra keypad

so if i was you i would just run your apple tv to it the same and go from there

but hopefully the smart functions will get better with time allowing people to do more

tuxen

Banned
Mar 23, 2012
Denmark
I have samsung's flagship 8 series and its defenatly not bad.. I got it cheap though.. But they do make good TV's in the midrange to but look a little around in their models they produce a lot of new stuff some really good some not so. I actually enjoy some of the apps like Netflix and a couple of other media services.. Otherwise I would also go for Panasonic.