720 and 1080, is 480 dp

jmhng

Jul 28, 2015
why is it that so many movies say there in 720 are 1080, and yet they are in 480, why waste our time, why not just state its 480,

Stoofer

Staff member
Apr 18, 2015
Wales
Using Kodi we don't always get the usual advertising bumf that surrounds the selection and viewing of these movies when they're being made available on a website designed to rake in the ad revenue. I think a lot of these movies are flagged (incorrectly) as HD purely for the purposes of clickbait, by the time you've found out the truth you've had all those ads served up to you and the site has made a few pennies.

As I said, with Kodi we're lucky to be spared all that - apart from the Openload-type pairing - but we're still being fed the misleading meta-data by the sites. That's my theory anyway.

I tend to stick with a few add-ons that correctly identify HD\SD\Cam material like 123Movies, which also seems to go the extra mile to serve up HD content over everything else.

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
Great answer Stoofer. The short answer is that we are dependant of the hosters. What is posted on the hosters is scraped by Kodi. We have no say.