A better plugin creation tutorial - Step 1

rw86

Aug 19, 2013
Yeah, that's the thing, I try and read people's code but it's too complicated. Again, no offence to them, it's purely because they are VERY GOOD coders that know the ins and outs like the back of their hands!

Christara

Sep 3, 2013
Highways addon should give you a good idea about creating listitems within xbmc (basically the list of movies etc you see).
In terms of simple add-ons maybe that's a project for a dev here. Create some basic addons so people can read. No disrespect to anyone but most add-ons at the mo are quite complicated for a beginner to read and understand, but only because the devs are getting better and exploring new ways of doing things.
What you would need is a "back to basics" addon structure.
That to many would be a great video project for a dev/or team to put together and might encourage others to have a go? (At the mysteries of an add-on.) :D

From the very start to a simple finish of an addon, Does not need to be a great add-on just something that go,s from the very first word to something that's complete. Not sure if its been done or if there is a video, But imagine if you knew how to get off the ground.
Am sure then that a little bit more work from individuals afterwards would progress into more new add-ons being created.

Capri

Banned
Jun 24, 2014
I would love to help with this if it happens. I know how hard this can be to "get" at the start.