A few Questions about fusion and storage on ftv.

bassucus

Nov 28, 2016
Still reading and learning!!! I have a couple questin.
1 What is the different between Fusion and a build?

2. Is What is the storage on my Firetv and by fire stick used for?
Can you store a movie on it or is it just storage for all your addons..

3. Is there a all you need to know about using Kodi. and firetv guide?

Thanks for the help in advance.

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
1 Fusion is a source, a location where addons are stored. You can set fusion as your source and never have a single addon installed.
A build is done by someone who sets a skin with tons of addons, saves this and distributes it to the masses. You don't have a say on what addons are installed. Typically, someone just jams this tight with various addons, sometimes missing the associated repo. This often stops the addons from updating causing all sorts of problems.

2 The storage can be used for what ever you want. It is sort of like a usb stick on your computer. Once it's full you can't put anymore on it. Not even the cache, which means that you will start having buffer issues as well as crashes etc. On a Fire Stick the storage is minimal. You should keep your addons at a minimum and certainly not save any movies or music on your device.

3 You can read the Kodi wiki but that still won't cover everything there is to know. It will cover tons of stuff though and certainly worth a look at.

bassucus

Nov 28, 2016
So do you recommend fusion instead of a build.
And with Fusion you add your own addons right? and Build your own skin?
Thanks again for helping me understanding things!!

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
You have it right. And yes, I do recommend using Fusion. That is in fact creating your own build but you only put on it what works. A build you get online is crammed packed with garbage.

Also, with a build from unknown sources will not be supported here. So if you have a build and run into a problem, your first recommendation will be to remove it and start fresh. With Fusion, you will get all the help you will ever need from the gurus on this site.

Have a look here so you understand why we can't/won't support builds
https://www.tvaddons.co/kodi-builds-risks/

bassucus

Nov 28, 2016
Thanks for reply...This a great place for help...Thanks all here at tvaddons
one other question? can a put a different skin on kodi?