A new idea, for a new kind of addon :)

golly gosh

Banned
Feb 8, 2013
I wonder how hard it would be to split shows into groups - i.e. - this show / this channel
what I think would be cool is having the ability to look at say a folder called for instance - the history channel this week and inside would be a list of the history channels shows shown this week. Without running into massive DB problems - I am thinking a one week buffer for each channel / show would be cool - rather than subscriptions - not sure how easy that would be to achieve or how many DEV's would want to join in on such a challenge. Even it it was just a list with no links :)

As there are no adverts :) as such in the XBMC world - then I kinda miss what's new - as my paid cable services has gone bye bye.
I used to scan the channel listings and see adverts for new shows, especially on the major channels (most channels just show crap or repeats) - so I was thinking about how XBMC could allow people to know what's new and out there, not so much a channel guide as a list of shows that are on at present, major channels only (I was thinking just for the UK or US as I am English and selfish that way)

Just thought I would give this a run up the flagpole to see who's interested :)

Or maybe just a list of new shows per channel - started this month.

Last edited:

Tonts

Sep 22, 2013
Sesame Street
I personally love new ideas, i try to have them instead of cookies ( Mr's Cookie enforced Diet) let's see where this takes us... :cool:

golly gosh

Banned
Feb 8, 2013
God this is the thing with XBMC it doesn't matter how much you think you know - there is always more to explore - thanks MJ, I will look into those addons.

Actually after doing a very small amount of reading on those addons - it is not quite what I was looking for - I can find out about any show and when it is on anytime - using almost any addon these day's - but it doesn't really tell me, shall we say what's new - that I didn't already know about.

I am looking to expand my grasp of what's new, rather than knowing more about the shows I already know about :)

Last edited:

golly gosh

Banned
Feb 8, 2013
Been playing around with the free cable addon for an hour or so eeeek - I don't think it is a very well maintained addon - and a lot of the kind of channels I am looking for are not there - I will continue to see if I can bend it to my will :)

Tonts

Sep 22, 2013
Sesame Street
Been playing around with the free cable addon for an hour or so eeeek - I don't think it is a very well maintained addon - and a lot of the kind of channels I am looking for are not there - I will continue to see if I can bend it to my will :)
The force is strong with this poster,
please post back with any results of your investigations :D

golly gosh

Banned
Feb 8, 2013
Wow the COOKIE is strong with this monster :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgaLnYbNuRg

Still think the Free Cable addon is not ALL that as they say - I think it's time for the Dev's to get their compilers out and have a go - or I will do it myself as soon as I can figure out how to code it using the Wolfram language :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_P9HqHVPeik

I don't like Pythons, and my parents said I should never play with snakes :)
TRS80 basic - now there was a language I could really code in, all this peeking and poking around (get it), has made me hungry - I need to go and find the COOKIE JAR - or is that more geek than you can handle :), what is a Jar file anyway and is there any cookies in them?

Last edited:

Tonts

Sep 22, 2013
Sesame Street
"Still think the Free Cable addon is not ALL that as they say - I think it's time for the Dev's to get their compilers out and have a go - or I will do it myself as soon as I can figure out how to code it using the Wolfram language"

Love that, i would be the first to test a new cookie (sorry, Addon) and all this from a simple idea;
who would of thought that ...... :p