Question About my You tube trailers

-LT-

Feb 1, 2018
The Base of Yggdrasil
Hey everyone, LT here. I hope you all are well and in fine spirits.
I would like to address a problem I am having on my Firestick with the You Tube trailers for movies and shows
via KODI. I run KODI to my TV's through my desktop computer. And movies and shows play fine, no troubles there.
However, when I want to watch a trailer for either, the little cursor spins and blanks out the trailers won't play.

I tried signing into you tube account. I've Un-installed you tube and re-installed via TVAddons repository (Even you tube vault)
and even paired my devices using a code to try and fix this problem with no luck. I must be doing something wrong, or haven't
done something. Do you have any advice?....Thanks for any help or suggestions.

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
Youtube (Google) has done some changes to its API. You need to use your own API in order to be able to sign in to youtube and even to watch trailers. Follow this guide to get a private API.
It is not easy to follow but stick with it if it fails, try again. You'll get it eventually. It took me a few hours and many, many tries before I finally got it.

-LT-

Feb 1, 2018
The Base of Yggdrasil
Greetings Double R!... I am so sorry for not answering you on this earlier. But I am sure you can relate, I've been just so busy
since the Covid-19 outbreak. I have been doing hours at our local Hospital and it's neighboring nursing home. As I used to
be a Medic while in the Army. My wife is making Homemade triple layer hospital masks for them as well. I am so proud of her.
I hope you and everyone else here is well and in good spirits. Please keep your spirits up while at home and stay safe & Healthy.

I will try to fix my YouTube problem when I finally have some time. Thank you as always for your kind help Double R. God Bless
-LT

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
Tx for this info @gujal. I wasn't aware of this fact. I just had to redo my complete system after a hard crash and I went through all the pain of setting up a private API again. I guess I should have tried without the API first and save myself some time.

gujal

Developer
Dec 26, 2013
@RavRob
You need api key if you want to actually browse through the youtube addon.
For other addons calling youtube to play trailers videos,etc, now there is no need for a personal api key