Request Accidentally restored my fire tv to factory settings

Ozi

Nov 3, 2015
Hi Guys..

Based in Pakistan, recently bought the fire tv from a vendor which already had Kodi and TV addons ( genisis and other stuff) preloaded.
Accidently i have restored my fire tv to Factory Settings..from the Fire TV menu. Now everything is gone.
I searched the net and reinsalled Kodi but still the Kodi Homscreen is blank with no Genisis or Salt or others.
Have tried the method shown on this website but still NO TV addons .

What to do ?
Regards,
Ozi

joe2jacks

Nov 2, 2012
Dont mean to be rude but your problem is a perfect example of why you should not buy a box fully loaded. I have learned a lot over the last few years through this site and now i can set up kodi with no problems quite quickly. My advice to you my friend is either go back to your seller and ask him to sort it out or learn to do it yourself. It is not simple to learn everything but you Will derive immense pleasure of being able to set up Kodi for yourself. Try it and see

nemsis72

Jul 17, 2015
Boston
Hi Guys..

Based in Pakistan, recently bought the fire tv from a vendor which already had Kodi and TV addons ( genisis and other stuff) preloaded.
Accidently i have restored my fire tv to Factory Settings..from the Fire TV menu. Now everything is gone.
I searched the net and reinsalled Kodi but still the Kodi Homscreen is blank with no Genisis or Salt or others.

What to do ?
Regards,
Ozi
Sent you a pm.

Ozi

Nov 3, 2015
Dont mean to be rude but your problem is a perfect example of why you should not buy a box fully loaded. I have learned a lot over the last few years through this site and now i can set up kodi with no problems quite quickly. My advice to you my friend is either go back to your seller and ask him to sort it out or learn to do it yourself. It is not simple to learn everything but you Will derive immense pleasure of being able to set up Kodi for yourself. Try it and see
joe2jacks. Thanks for the reply but can u let me know a guidance website to do it all by myself ?

KLit75

Jun 10, 2014
joe2jacks. Thanks for the reply but can u let me know a guidance website to do it all by myself ?
This is the website. Everything you need to know about setting it up from scratch is here. They even simplified it with tvmc (never used it personally but heard good things).

tam23

Sep 24, 2013
Scotland
Hi Guys..

What to do ?
Regards,
Ozi
second in from the right at the very top of this page next to home.that will give you all the help you need.
its far more rewarding to start from scratch with your own configuration.plenty of good guys on here to keep you right.

Ozi

Nov 3, 2015
Thanks all of you. I have another problem and i am pretty sure.. i will get help here. Based in Pakistan.. i have firetv with kodi .. tvmc.. the problem is that most of the times.. i just am not able to run movies.. once i click on the movie and even after connecting to a hq version.. genisis shows "working" and then even the play sign is shown and then i am back on the links page.. it happens 90 percent of the times..*
what to do ? Shall i post my log here ?1
Regards