adbFire--looking for more info

KLit75

Jun 10, 2014
I actually came across adbFire awhile back as a method to install apks and push files to aftv. But beyond that (and few other simple tasks) I feel like I'm not utilizing it to its full potential. I just noticed there was an update. It supports upgrading/downgrading firmware. Thats something i dont have a current interest in but when and if...Id like to know how it works and any other info about the software in general. There is surprisingly little info i could find on the web, but i know there are quite a few hub members using it. Please share anything note worthy or even issues you've come across.
I've tried using it to backup xbmc before the adbFire update and it was taking a llong time so i stopped it. But I'm partcularly interested in the upgrade/downgrade features. Also wouldnt mind hearing about rooting the device and disabled updates. i did mine the old fashion way but recently did a clean install on my mac so if the software is good enough i wont go thru the trouble of setting up the platform tools again.

KLit75

Jun 10, 2014
Thanks, but yeah I read that and another one--the only ones I could find. They don't go into lots a specifics. It's mostly troubleshooting problems and notifying of updates plus listing new features.

KLit75

Jun 10, 2014
http://www.aftvnews.com/how-to-install-a-custom-rom-image-on-the-amazon-fire-tv/

I've never tried the method you're looking at. This link above is basically everything I did. You need CLOCKWORKMOD and right in the first step it links to that guide.
Once you have cwm recovery you can install any of rbox's prerooted firmware. I'd skip forward to see if he has the downgrade you're looking for then if you proceed, follow every step to a tee.
***the newer firmware requires rbox's boot menu. It's really not hard. Aftvnews breaks it down brilliantly but it's important you do exactly what's written.
However, if you don't want custom recovery, there are other forum members that I think have discussed the method you were attempting. Hopefully if you sit tight someone will assist.