Add-on installer not working

sandray

Nov 1, 2015
he has thanked you for your reply's so I'm sure it appreciated.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
i know that he has as i can read also,and he is very welcome and i think we will continue to help him to make things fixed but i dont see the need for you to come along and get involved to tell me that he is thanking me,it has nothing to do with you,so i would apreciate it also if you keep out of it,stick to helping the user instead of making useless comments about other people and what they have or have not done

oh and it was not obvious to me either until i read and learned how to install addons and repos and i read help from people here,like we will help him

strike0408

Nov 29, 2012
Canada
Tried that went into add source typed your link in but nothing happened, is that the correct way please.
No, the link I provided for you is the instruction on how to add fusion as the source... read it all carefully and try it again. hope this helps. :)

invisable

Feb 23, 2013
UK
i know that he has as i can read also,and he is very welcome and i think we will continue to help him to make things fixed but i dont see the need for you to come along and get involved to tell me that he is thanking me,it has nothing to do with you,so i would apreciate it also if you keep out of it,stick to helping the user instead of making useless comments about other people and what they have or have not done

oh and it was not obvious to me either until i read and learned how to install addons and repos and i read help from people here,like we will help him
Relax, I only replied as I can see the communication problem and you seem to be getting uptight as you thought your posts were being ignored. Maybe I misunderstood your posts aswell ??
I see you have since edited ;)

Last edited:

rontom

Mar 31, 2015
But i already said you dont need addon installer for log you can get the log manualy then post the link like i said on the last page or like fxb78 said above you can get addon manually

you are making everyone confused including yourself :)

Until FXB78 pointed it out I had no idea that this was available, or how to use it, having googled it for quite a few days all instructions led to the addon installer, but as my addon installer did not work, I was left in limbo, until FXB78 gave me instructions.

rontom

Mar 31, 2015
No, the link I provided for you is the instruction on how to add fusion as the source... read it all carefully and try it again. hope this helps. :)
Thank you, yes I have already added fusion successfully, my problem was that the addon installer would not install any addons for me, therefore I was looking for a way to download a log launcher and thankfully Ihave been well advised by FXB78

But thank you for your effort it is so comforting to know that there are people out there so willing to help

rontom

Mar 31, 2015
It doesn't matter, rontom obviously didn't know there was another way of installing addons other than the "Add-on installer"

Sometimes things don't get interpreted as intended.
He now knows he can install the "TVA log uploader" addon from the TVaddons repo and I'm sure he will figure it out.

Thanks to FXB78 I now know how to install it, but as you state before that did not have a clue, all instructions on google and youtube refer to the fusion install method, I am sure there must be quite a few people who like me did not know about this

Thank you for your time

FXB78

Aug 18, 2013
Looks to me like an ISP issue, if you're using VirginMedia try this link How to use Web Safe and try disabling Child Safe and/or Virus Safe.

For Sky go here and disable Broadband Shield MySky

And for BT Home Hub login to your account BT Home Hub and disable the Smart Setup field under the Advanced Settings -> Home Network menu.

If you're not on any of these ISP's then check your PC's Firewall.

Last edited:

rontom

Mar 31, 2015
Looks to me like an ISP issue, if you're using VirginMedia try this link How to use Web Safe and try disabling Child Safe and/or Virus Safe.

For Sky go here and disable Broadband Shield MySky

And for BT Home Hub login to your account BT Home Hub and disable the Smart Setup field under the Advanced Settings -> Home Network menu.

If you're not on any of these ISP's then check your PC's Firewall.
Think you could be right here, just checked and although I did disable it
about a year ago it seems not to be available to disable now, checking with bt as to why it is not there,
seems that when I renewed my contract with them it now shows that I am now connected to btfon this could be the reason. awaiting a reply from bt.

thank you once again for the time you have spent helping me to overcome this problem

rontom

Mar 31, 2015
Think you could be right here, just checked and although I did disable it
about a year ago it seems not to be available to disable now, checking with bt as to why it is not there,
seems that when I renewed my contract with them it now shows that I am now connected to btfon this could be the reason. awaiting a reply from bt.

thank you once again for the time you have spent helping me to overcome this problem
Still not working got onto BT they stated it was not on my hub (bt hub3) only on the 4& 5 did a lot of checking and actually found it by going into wireless and not advance settings,
I have disconnected my firewall, uninstalled all my adware & spyware programs but no luck, awaiting BT to disconnect me from BTWIFI-FON which they state will be on monday, hoping this will solve the problem

rontom

Mar 31, 2015
yes thanks, I have the log file now, but it is the addon installer that I cannot get to work

invisable

Feb 23, 2013
UK
yes thanks, I have the log file now, but it is the addon installer that I cannot get to work
I'm not a BT customer & could be wrong but isn't BT FON a service that is enabled on most BT routers that sends out a different Wi-Fi signal allowing other BT customers to use the hosts bandwidth and router (with the individuals BT account details).

When you search for your wireless networks you should see 2 services from your router. The first service should be named for example BTHub-7HJS (as an example, look on the router for its name) the second BT-FON if you log into BT-FON it will take you to a web page asking for you BT customer ID (like a hotel).
If you log into the BTHub you just need to type your user ID and password found on the router.

I think BT-Fon is BTs way of spreading the internet around the country. Its locked by BT and there is no way you can edit this function of your router.
I suppose it doesn't really effect most people but if you live in a big block of flats in London you could have loads of business men & women using your bandwidth while your trying to stream something on Kodi.

Please, someone correct me if I'm wrong.
As I said im not a BT customer, I think they try to get you to opt in when you sign up, if you do you share, but you can also use ?
They probably don't really make it clear what it does, and most people probably opt in but never use it.

The winners of this service are the peoples who live in rural areas and work and stay all week in the city's.

Anyway if I'm right this could be the reason you are only blocked from using the addon installer by only this machine.

A sure way of connecting to your router is by Ethernet cable if you want to test.

Last edited:

rontom

Mar 31, 2015
I'm not a BT customer & could be wrong but isn't BT FON a service that is enabled on most BT routers that sends out a different Wi-Fi signal allowing other BT customers to use the hosts bandwidth and router (with the individuals BT account details).

When you search for your wireless networks you should see 2 services from your router. The first service should be named for example BTHub-7HJS (as an example, look on the router for its name) the second BT-FON if you log into BT-FON it will take you to a web page asking for you BT customer ID (like a hotel).
If you log into the BTHub you just need to type your user ID and password found on the router.

I think BT-Fon is BTs way of spreading the internet around the country. Its locked by BT and there is no way you can edit this function of your router.
I suppose it doesn't really effect most people but if you live in a big block of flats in London you could have loads of business men & women using your bandwidth while your trying to stream something on Kodi.

Please, someone correct me if I'm wrong.
As I said im not a BT customer, I think they try to get you to opt in when you sign up, if you do you share, but you can also use ?
They probably don't really make it clear what it does, and most people probably opt in but never use it.

The winners of this service are the peoples who live in rural areas and work and stay all week in the city's.

Anyway if I'm right this could be the reason you are only blocked from using the addon installer by only this machine.

A sure way of connecting to your router is by Ethernet cable if you want to test.

Having spoken to BT about this, you are perfectly correct they do share your line with other users, do not live in London, but here in Cardiff it is exactly how you have described above, I am still waiting for them to disconnect me from Fon it is supposed to be sometime today
Thank you for your time

rontom

Mar 31, 2015
thanks to all the helpers, got it working at last, disabled all the spyware, changed the wireless channel in my hub to channel 11, seemed the only channel that let it work out of the 11 channels offered, now re-installing one by one the spyware and the firewall to see if any of these were the cause

Thank you all once again for your time much appreciated

lifehousee

Aug 27, 2016
You said something about Krypton V17, At this time the addon installer under programs menu does not work with Krypton. The addon will load, however it will not show you a list of addons you can install from within. You have to go back to jarvis to utilize the addon installer from fusion.

rontom

Mar 31, 2015
Only mentioned krypton because Iwas becoming desperate to get it working and tried everything, in the end I believe it was either the bt smart wireless or the bt- fon connection that did it, disabled the two and it is working fine now thanks.