add ons dropping out

xoted

Jan 12, 2015
hi all
is it correct that some add ons previously opening in fusion (I:e: Ic*f*lms,fantasti.) using isenguard or Jarvis versions now only work with krypton version?
or is something awre with my set up?

cheers:confused:

FXB78

Aug 18, 2013
Jarvis is the current stable version. If you run Jarvis they should all work, Isengard is a legacy version whilst Krypton is a beta version. If you are having problems using Jarvis then yes, it's a problem with your setup.

xoted

Jan 12, 2015
hi
ok but I have read that Ic*f*lms will only work/open on krtypton version? maybe the other needs an update.
strange most others work well.
cheers

FXB78

Aug 18, 2013
hi
ok but I have read that Ic*f*lms will only work/open on krtypton version? maybe the other needs an update.
strange most others work well.
cheers
Where did you read that? I don't use Ic*f*lms but I doubt the developers here would make an addon incompatible with the latest stable version in favour of a beta test version.

EDIT - It seems what you heard is partially correct, some hosters will only work on Krypton, but the addons should still open & work in Jarvis, with just a couple of broken hosters https://forums.tvaddons.co/eldorado-s-xbmc-addons/45321-Ic*f*lms-beta-1-99-03-released-8.html#post375022

Last edited:

xoted

Jan 12, 2015
hi
well when I view " change log " section in add on info it clearly states icefilm will only work in krypton version,i have Jarvis.
as for other add on mentioned maybe in need of an update but definitely coming up "error view log".
cheers

FXB78

Aug 18, 2013
hi
well when I view " change log " section in add on info it clearly states icefilm will only work in krypton version,i have Jarvis.
So why are you asking the question if you already know the answer??

It clearly states "-Fixed ClicknUpload - will only work on Krypton" which is what I said. Some hosters will only work on Krypton but the addon itself works fine.

as for other add on mentioned maybe in need of an update but definitely coming up "error view log".
cheers
I don't use either addon, I already had to install Ic*f*lms to check the changelog, I can't be bothered doing the same with fantasti, maybe someone else will come along & help you with that one.

xoted

Jan 12, 2015
hi
well firstly FXB78 I asked the question because I needed confirmation that what I was seeing was indeed correct and what better place to get that confirmation than here with you experts (lol)?
secondly RAVROB strange you say you don't support the add on "fantasti " when it was part of the choices via the fusion repos installation (xbmc-adult repo.? are you saying you choose not to support any add ons arrived at via "fusion"?? or just any under the adult headings??
cheers

jokster

Staff member
Jan 3, 2013
Tír na nÓg
No, he's saying that the addon is not supported here at tvaddons as the dev does not reside here.
No need to get snarky ravrob gave you a straight answer.
No-one here is going to give support on an addon from somewhere else. Tvaddons is not a one stop shop for all addons.
Ask the dev of the addon.

xoted

Jan 12, 2015
hi
firstly I am not getting snarky with anybody, secondly the author is written as "xbmc-adult " I only asked in this section because it came about when installing fusion/tvaddons.co via the suggested repo options.
in other words if it hadn't been offered as a repo with its own add ons I wouldn't have even heard of it.
it seems certain people on here have a very pompous attitude to people who come on here seeking help/advice when things go awry/cease to function as they originally did.
anyway I will think better of it in future.
many thanks for all the help you have given me (lol)
cheers

invisable

Feb 23, 2013
UK
Alot of filehosters are moving across to https rather than http.

The Python version in Jarvis and previous versions of Kodi/XBMC doesn't support the secure protocol "https".

Krypton uses a newer python version that supports this.

This is the reason some filehosters only work with Krypton.
However note that using Krypton at the moment will probably cause you further issues as it is in still in beta stages.

FYI there are alot of addons in Fusion & the addon installer & not all of the developers use TVaddons as their home. There are probably a few that no longer work.

## edit
Just noticed up one of the add-ons in question.
I understand your frustration ;)

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Meep

Aug 23, 2016
it seems certain people on here have a very pompous attitude to people who come on here seeking help/advice when things go awry/cease to function as they originally did.
Fact is this forum is here to support the authors of add-ons that call this site home, it's impossible to support every add-on across the board...

This forum is quite polite when you bring up an unsupported add-on, if you want real attitude go to the official Kodi forum and ask a question about a third party add-on not endorsed or supported by them, or for help if you even dare have an unsupported add-on installed, let me know how long it takes them to run you off the forum tarred and feathered with not a lick of help :cool:

secondly the author is written as "xbmc-adult "
The author of the Fantasti add-on is Ksosez with help from anarchintosh, and they reside on the official Kodi forums, but they are unlikely to give you any specific help on the forums if they know you have installed any unofficial add-ons... Do note it appears the last pushed update might have broken something, so maybe try rolling back and disabling auto-update on the add-on...

jokster

Staff member
Jan 3, 2013
Tír na nÓg
Just because a repo is in fusion does not mean the dev is here. There are a mountain of repos in fusion but only a handful are tvaddons devs. Look at the sections on the main forum page that will tell you who is a tvaddons dev.

If you had googled said repo you would have quickly discovered that he's over at kodi.tv
Code:
 http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=93753
I recommend you remove any third party repos and addons from your setup before going over there with a log.
Because if your getting this wound up here the guys over at kodi will really put sand in your Vaseline.

Last edited:

xoted

Jan 12, 2015
hi
it appears I am not the one getting wound up as you put it I only reacted to the tone of the initial response posts accordingly.
originally I asked a perfectly normal question about add ons I acquired via loading " fusion.tvaddons.co" I asked the question in a section headed "fusion ". if you read one or more replies you will find them quite aggressive and snarky (to use a word used).
I will refrain from using this forum (one of many) in connection with any other questions I may have.
once again thanks again for your Help.(lol)
cheers