Adding apk to midnight box

berty98

Feb 13, 2014
Hi Thanks I pressed the android button on the remote and nothing happens. As for program s I will give it a try,If anyone as any other ideas feel free to post . Thanks everyone.

berty98

Feb 13, 2014
This is from Matricom Midnight version wiki may be worth a try?,

From “XBMC”

1) Choose Programs->Android Apps
2) Choose “Settings”
3) From the left, scroll down to “Apps” and press “Ok”
4) Choose “XBMC” from the left and press ok
5) Select the option that applies below
Clear Data: This clears the data and cache for XBMC and makes it run like new
Clear Cache: This clears the cache
Clear Defaults: If XBMC replaced the home launcher, this resets the launchers
Hi Tonts I cannot see a "apps" in programs i'm afraid.

Tonts

Sep 22, 2013
Sesame Street

berty98

Feb 13, 2014
Hi thanks Tonts the link on Amazon says android,so I have to take it as gospel.Thanks again.

Tonts

Sep 22, 2013
Sesame Street
looks like he's sorted now seen a post on the thread i linked to and i think it's probably a linux version for MX2 he has got on his box.

berty98

Feb 13, 2014
it did not work no "apps" in programs not sure what these people have done,with this launcher but i cannot get
rid of it so it must be linux,even though the box when bought clearly states android,not sure of the difference but I am severley **** off.

mj71

Jan 13, 2013
If it has a launcher,then its android

You need to find out what your box is running before you do anything or decide what you want to do with it

Can you not email the seller and ask what operating system and build is on it? Is it their own firmware/xbmc build? Have they put a launcher on it to boot straight to xbmc?

You will be able to put something different on it if you want and have it run how you want

Also what does it say under system info? That might give you a clue

When you run p2p streams what does it say? Does it download the modules when you start it? (if its set in the addon settings) or does it say something about linux?

If its downloading acestream engine apk and sopcasst apk then it must be android.

Last edited:

berty98

Feb 13, 2014
If it has a launcher,then its android

You need to find out what your box is running before you do anything or decide what you want to do with it

Can you not email the seller and ask what operating system and build is on it? Is it their own firmware/xbmc build? Have they put a launcher on it to boot straight to xbmc?

You will be able to put something different on it if you want and have it run how you want

lso what does it say under system info? That might give you a clue

When you run p2p streams what does it say? Does it download the modules when you start it? (if its set in the addon settings) or does it say something about linux?

If its downloading acestream engine apk and sopcasst apk then it must be android.
Hi Tonts and Mj71 firstly thanks for all your help,yes it says MX linux absolutely correct.I've emailed the seller
because it was clearly advertised that different apps can be used,browse the internet etc.
I've told him I want the box advertised not just xbmc and nothing else!!! otherwise i will report them to amazon.
Frustrating is not the word.
Just cannot believe there is no way of getting the androids up arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

mj71

Jan 13, 2013
You can always flash it with android if you know the firmware,and put android version of xbmc on it (annoying thing is though,it will probably run better xbmc on linux)

mj71

Jan 13, 2013
Yes,just find the image you need and put the box into recovery and reinstall android,then put xbmc android on it

Ive swapped my jynx boxes back and forth loads of times between android and linux when ive been testing different builds