addon for more accurate source sort orders

axxel6307

Aug 14, 2015
Seems like half of the sources labeled 720 and 1080 end up being SD. Be nice to have an addon that could identify the actual resolution in the source list directory before you choose one, rather than relying on the source's own resolution tag in the directory.

Also, in general, more accurate source order filtering, and somehow get the lousy ones away from the top. I've used multiple different sorting rules, including some auto configs, and some customized, and there is still much to be desired. This is the main reason I have not introduced my parents and others who aren't very tech savy, as they won't have the patience or ability to work through the trial and error of finding a decent source. I'd imagine there is a huge demographic of folks that aren't using kodi because of this, and the potential to bring others to the fold is significant, and most folks would be willing to pay for the aforementioned app if it came to fruition.

I know it's much easier said than done, but me thinks it would be profitable, and completely worth the effort in it.

chief

Feb 15, 2016
to know the real quality of the streams, the streams must be opened and reviewed/checked..
this will take a lot of time to sift through all the results and check them..
you'll select a movie to watch..... wait for about 30 /45 minutes (238 results or so who have to be openend and checked...) and select a stream which is absolutely the quality as stated on the list....
nah.... not for me ;)

Zombi

May 17, 2014
@geekzombi
You may use Ump addon it provides more infos about the source like file size etc u may try or one pf the one click addons

boogiepop

Developer
Jul 13, 2015
yup. it is even much way easier if you play a local file, to analyze http mp4/flv/jpg/png/gif files on the fly check:

github dot com/boogiekodi/plugin.program.ump/tree/master/lib/quality

or UMP.

Last edited: