addons don't play anything

billce

Jul 13, 2016
Hello,
I paired openload and it won't play anything. Some of the streams start and immediately pause and continue to bump and jerk so that I have to stop it and try another link.
It seems something went wrong between yesterday and today. There were a couple system crashes where Kodi wasn't properly shut down. Maybe that's the cause?
I tried playing things that played before. Same thing. Won't play.
Is a fresh start a solution? If so, can things like Trakt accounts etc. be saved?
Thanks in advance for any help.
billce

Meep

Aug 23, 2016
There were a couple system crashes where Kodi wasn't properly shut down. Maybe that's the cause?
Yes, it could be a cause, Kodi crashes can corrupt files and the databases...

Is a fresh start a solution?
It might be, you can try clearing the cache and see if that helps, if not a new fresh install might be the easiest solution...

If so, can things like Trakt accounts etc. be saved?
Trakt is just a matter of re-authorizing, when you install your new addons just go through the steps to re-authorize Trakt again...

billce

Jul 13, 2016
RavRob and Meep,
Yes, I just remembered that I cleared the cache using Indigo just a few hours ago. Had no effect. When I went to Indigo to clear it, I noticed it had 0 megabytes in it, but I cleared it anyway.

billce

Jul 13, 2016
Yesterday after I posted about clearing the cache Kodi started working fine. I didn't do anything. It just started working. It worked early this morning, too. Then about 10:00 A.M. the same things started happening again: openload wouldn't play and started giving the message that I needed to pair (which I had just done); links either wouldn't open or if they did the old bump and grind started.
A new error in Al*uc also started happening: A Dudehere error message saying no such column: Trakt account. Don't even know what that means. All this stuff seems to be happening arbitrarily with no apparent reason.
Thanks for any help
billce

Last edited:

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
links either wouldn't open or if they did the old bump and grind started.
Maybe just a bottle neck at that time of day on Openload. Not sure why it would do that for you.

A new error in Al*uc also started happening: A Dudehere error message saying no such column: Trakt account. Don't even know what that means. All this stuff seems to be happening arbitrarily with no apparent reason.
Thanks for any help
billce
Try this fix
no such column:trakt_id or media_type

billce

Jul 13, 2016
Hi RavRob,
You know I was thinking that, not about the bottleneck because I didn't know about that, but about the time of day. It happened the same times of the day. Thing is, it hasn't happened before.
Also, I've never seen that Al*uc error before.
Well, I guess there's nothing that can be done.
Thanks a lot for your help RavRob.
If you have any ideas, please let me know. As it's never happened before, maybe something else can be done.
billce

billce

Jul 13, 2016
Hi RavRob,
First, thanks for your help by providing that link to the fix.
I finally completed the instructions and they worked.
One question. How do I find out if I'm still logged into trakt or if it's activated after reinstalling Al*uc and The Ro**l We.
thanks,
william

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
You can simply go to the addon settings, either Al*uc or Royal We, You should be able to see if your still authorized.
In The Ro**l We it is on the Account Settings tab inside the addon setting. For Al*uc, I can't help as I don't use it....Sorry.