Addons don't work on android box

Tec Diver

Oct 26, 2019
I have 2 PCs with Windows 7, one with the ultimate the other with professional and I’m running Kodi 18.5 64 bit on both of them. I can watch pretty much everything on them. I also have a TV box with android 8.1 64 bit and with Kodi 18.5 64 bit running on it. I can’t watch anything on it. I open an addon, Ex**us redux or venom; go to movies; go to in theaters; click on any movie and no reaction at all. I try to click on most popular movies folder and no reaction at all; same with all the other folders. I tried changing the settings in the addons and it made no difference. I thought maybe the Kodi install was bed so I did a factory reset of the box and did a fresh install of the Kodi and the addons; no change at all, same result. What else can I try to do to fix this stupid box?

• Sad
Reactions: capslock

jwh125

Apr 20, 2013
Nevermind. I see that you said 8.1 as version. I have a very old version that cannot use recent KODI builds.

Tec Diver

Oct 26, 2019
I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to post 3 times. I tried to see my post but it would not show up. I tried to find the way to delete my posts but you have no help available. Is there a way to delete the post?

Slyshadows

Mar 2, 2013
I’m running kodi 18.4 on Nvidi. There was a an update for TVDB Saturday morning. My tv addons worked fine but on Sunday, not 1 of the tvaddons worked. I hit select, the spinning wheel starts, cuts out and returns to select. No problems with the same apps with movies, just the TV addons. Anyone else dealing with the same issue

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
All good here. If you are using an Android platform, clear the \kodi cache. Do this before you start Kodi. From the Android settings, go to App, select Kodi and clear cache.

Slyshadows

Mar 2, 2013
Rav, thanks for the info. The issue is deeper than clearing cache, which I did. I think the update that TVDB rolled out on Saturday created the issue. Sunday night, The Crew put out an update, it solved the no play tv shows on their addon. This AM it still is the only one that plays TV. Which makes it one out of 5

xoted

Jan 12, 2015
hi
your lucky I have k-d- crew on mine and cannot get any tv I use on windows 10 laptop.
all movie links ok and tv shows ok up until sat night.
cheers

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
TVDB seems to have reverted back to their old naming convention. By doing so they messed things up again. You will need another push of your fave addon by the dev.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Program Addons 3
T Program Addons 0
B Video Addons 8