Addons Not Working

ZackRampage

Jul 24, 2013
New York City
Hi all,

So I noticed the other day that many addons like 1Ch**nel, proj free tv, and Na*i-X were not working for me. I get either script errors or results coming out blank when I know for a fact they were there the day before. I am currently running linux on the pivos with xbmc 12.2, is there an update or something I can try to do? Does xbmc on the pivos update itself?

Thank you,
Zach

filly

Jan 31, 2013
Canada
Same thing for me. I have been fighting with a Pivos for over a year now. Have reset and installed fresh xbmc many times. Seems it always quits working.I use Linux and have had a constant battle with this box.Cannot seem to get much info on what nightlies are, or very much for help.

showgun

Dec 23, 2011
To Your Left
When I see users describing a wide spread "system failure" of add one I always provide two suggestions

1) delete existing set up and reinstall/upgrade to 12.3

Or

2) utilize our FRESH START tool.

Either way, returning to STOCK and then installing via our WIZARD, ADD ON INSTALLER, or FUSION will resolve your issue guaranteed

filly

Jan 31, 2013
Canada
I have done this over 6 times and the Pivos goes buggy again in a very short time. I seem to have all kinds of problems with it. Deleting and fresh start, is a vicious circle for me. Apple 2 runs like a top, Pivos very buggy for me.

JustFun

Feb 21, 2013
Same thing for me. I have been fighting with a Pivos for over a year now. Have reset and installed fresh xbmc many times. Seems it always quits working.I use Linux and have had a constant battle with this box.Cannot seem to get much info on what nightlies are, or very much for help.
Unfortunately there will be no more updates for Linux Xbmc on the pivos.
You can always try to install the latest Gotham Xbmc on android.

I like the pivos, just sometime it will freeze for no reason (on Linux) and I have to pull the plug. But other then that the pivos has been good to me.

showgun

Dec 23, 2011
To Your Left
Unfortunately there will be no more updates for Linux Xbmc on the pivos.
You can always try to install the latest Gotham Xbmc on android.

I like the pivos, just sometime it will freeze for no reason (on Linux) and I have to pull the plug. But other then that the pivos has been good to me.
Perhaps not OFFICIAL UPDATES but you may get lucky from the user support community :)

filly

Jan 31, 2013
Canada
So are you suggesting returning to the original android pivos software then loading Gotham? Will that help with all the issues?

JustFun

Feb 21, 2013
So are you suggesting returning to the original android pivos software then loading Gotham? Will that help with all the issues?
No was only stating that there won't be anymore official Linux builds from the pivos team.
Overall Linux is running good for me just the occasional freeze up where I have to unplug it.

Sounds like your internal space is getting used up and is causing the issues.
Are you using a micro sd card? If yes do you have another micro sd card you can try.
If yes did you add a folder called "xbmc-data" on the sd card.

filly

Jan 31, 2013
Canada
I am using a usb and have a folder xbmc-data on it already.One thing i did notice is in folders i have usb0 and kingston. Should one be eliminated?