Addons section is confusing

jay85

May 17, 2012
Just a bit of constructive feedback. Well done on the new site - looks great.

But i do think the addons section could be laid out a little better.

Eg, You have sections for specific addons which is good.
You have sections by addon type (ie live streams or international), under which is a mixture of specific addons and repos.
Then you have a further section for General Addons which again contain a mixture of Repos, specific addons, and general addons.
Then theres an entirly separate addon for Na*i-X.

All seems more complicated then it needs to be. My main point is that it i dont think it really adds much value having addons grouped by repos - there are a lot of addons and a lot of repo's - does the average user of this site know which repo they should be looking it to find the addon they want?

eg - if i want to find FSS sections but cant remember which repo it is in. So do i look under Live Streamning? if so will i find it under general steams, or under one of the repos? Or maybe i should be looking in general addons - i then have to look through all the repos and then look at the another General Section.

I would suggest a better format is
- Dedicated sections for major addons (1Ch**nel, ice, fss etc).
- General forum for everything else and when it gets big give it its own section.

May 6, 2012
England
Actually I'm inclined to agree with you here, generally everything looks great but there are a few things that could possibly be moved around. FSS is a great example, I was searching for the thread the other day and couldn't find it so resorted to using the trusty old search box. Generally I use the search box anyway but I just thought I'd see how easy it is to navigate around the site as a n00by.

jay85

May 17, 2012
Hi,

Glad its not just me! I do think FSS should have its own section when/if it is fixed. Na*i-X should probs just fall under the vidoes sections to keep all the video addons contained in the same place.

One of the good things in the previous forum (and on the old xbmc.org video forum) was i would regularly visit the General addons sections to see what was new and that was a great way to discover new addons - i would look at number of relies to see what was popular. With the current layout, there is virtually no way to browse videos addons unless you want to look through every section and every repo and every sub section.

May 6, 2012
England
Na*i-X is a tricky one, you could just sling it in with video addons as that's what most users primarily use it for but it's got a bit of everything - you have audio, video and downloadable apps available in Na*i-X. In my Xbox Addon Installer I've actually stuck it in the TV/Movies category, I'm still not overly happy about it as music lovers may miss out on it but it's the best solution I can think of at the moment!

Amin B

Banned
May 6, 2012
- you simply create hyper-link for names column on the left directing you to xbmchub for more info, if necessary.
- and you set priority for addons by the number of downloads or users.