Advancedsettings.xml keeps changing?

AL8782

Jan 17, 2014
Need a little help trying to figure out which addon keeps replacing my advancedsettings.xml with theirs.

I do know his name is Mark. I thought it was ******, but it's not.

Now I'm trying to see if it's coming from someone here.

Stoofer

Staff member
Apr 18, 2015
Wales
Use a file search program to scan through the entire org.xbmc.kodi file directory and subdirectories looking for files containing the string "advancedsettings.xml"

That's what I'd do. If the OS you're hosting your Kodi on doesn't have such a utility then copy the directory onto an SD card or similar and put it on a machine that does.

AL8782

Jan 17, 2014
Use a file search program to scan through the entire org.xbmc.kodi file directory and subdirectories looking for files containing the string "advancedsettings.xml"

That's what I'd do. If the OS you're hosting your Kodi on doesn't have such a utility then copy the directory onto an SD card or similar and put it on a machine that does.
Good idea.

I have both mac and windows computer. So should I scan both my userdata folder and addons folder?

Thanks

AL8782

Jan 17, 2014
Not from any addon from here. Look into your build and that addon that is starred.
Wasn't sure where it was coming from. I deleted all ****** files and still did it again. So I figure I post here to see if anyone was having the same issue.

Once I figure it out I'll post it up so maybe it'll help others having the same problem (that's if they even know it's happening).

Thanks

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
Wasn't sure where it was coming from. I deleted all ****** files and still did it again. So I figure I post here to see if anyone was having the same issue.

Once I figure it out I'll post it up so maybe it'll help others having the same problem (that's if they even know it's happening).

Thanks
If you do find it in an addon from here, I am sure the dev and Eleazar will want to know about it so they can rectify it.

Stoofer

Staff member
Apr 18, 2015
Wales
I would scan the entire Kodi structure, you never know where the little devil could be hiding. I use the classic free A43 File Manager replacement on the PC and there's a text scanner built into that if you need to get hold of one quickly. Shouldn't take more than a minute to scan all the files, though if there's been a deliberate attempt to hide things (e.g. Base64'ing it) then it may be difficult to come up with anything.

If you do find anything then I echo RavRob and say name the guilty party, be it in an add-on from here or elsewhere.