advice for unlocking iphone 4 and 4s...

bigdogeh

May 6, 2012
hi guys, prob a bit off topic but i was wondering if anyone could suggest software for unlocking an apple iphone4 and 4s...

i've seen this
hxxp://iphonegeeks.us/#

and this
hxxp://www.unlock-4.me/donate.php

been jailbreaking for sometime but i'm new to unlocking so was hoping to get some advice... just want to do it on my personal devices...

thxs,
bigD

bigdogeh

May 6, 2012
You want to be using evasion (http://evasi0n.com) they recently released the jailbreak for iOS7.

The video posted above will help you.
hi surfer,
I should probably tried to be a bit more clearer...
the phones are already jailbroken (with ios 7)... i'm looking for an unlock (sim unlock) now so that i can switch carriers if travelling...

Last edited:

crusader88

Apr 19, 2013
hi surfer,
the phones are already jailbroken (with ios 7)... i'm looking for an unlock now so that i can switch carriers if travelling...
No news on it yet everything like ultraslow still needs updating also depends on carrier and baseband #

bigdogeh

May 6, 2012
thxs for the responses guys. please let me know if you hear of anything...
one thing i've learned is that there are a huge amount of scams out there when it comes to trying to find software to unlock the phones. thank god it isn't to difficult to find good jailbreaking software...

Last edited:

Surfer

Oct 1, 2013
Hmm... I remember hearing recently that iPhones can no longer be unlocked through a jailbreak and actually require an unlock from the carrier to be later restored via iTunes. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Phoenix1982

Banned
Jul 9, 2013
iphones no longer will be unlocked via software...only by carrier/network official unlock. Unlock loads myself and just a call to network and cost between free and £20 with wait of max 10 days and iPhone will be unlocked

bigdogeh

May 6, 2012
iphones no longer will be unlocked via software...only by carrier/network official unlock. Unlock loads myself and just a call to network and cost between free and £20 with wait of max 10 days and iPhone will be unlocked
wonder if they can unlock a jailbroken phone...??

Phoenix1982

Banned
Jul 9, 2013
wonder if they can unlock a jailbroken phone...??
No. To unlock usually the baseband has to be flashed over to an unlock able baseband...ie...The 3g and 3gs was flashed to an unlockable ipad 6.15.00 baseband and then used Ultrasn0w to unlock....
Since then Apple has constantly changed the baseband with each new firmware stopping hackers/Dev's from finding a vulnerability in a certain baseband and allowing them to use it to unlock iphones.
So in boring way only way is official network lock either by calling yourself or paying a website/eBay seller to do it for you Inc their charges on top.

kanikha

Dec 27, 2013
hi guys, prob a bit off topic but i was wondering if anyone could suggest software for unlocking an apple iphone4 and 4s...

i've seen this
hxxp://iphonegeeks.us/#

and this
hxxp://www.unlock-4.me/donate.php

been jailbreaking for sometime but i'm new to unlocking so was hoping to get some advice... just want to do it on my personal devices...

thxs,
bigD

HI if you want to unlock your iphone 4 and 4s from network lock ..Then have a look at sites like Unlock-Zone.com here they are rendering remote unlocking service to unlock all model iphone from network lock ..You first verify that whether they are rendering service for your country and network provider .If yes then pay for it and unlock your iphone 4 and 4s ....

AmmarNaeem

Feb 11, 2014
There are helpful blogs and sites that provide detail explanation about unlocking iphone 4 like WikiHow, support.apple and discussions.apple are excellent sources that help you out easily

Christopher41

May 31, 2014
If you’d rather not unlock your iPhone yourself, there are a number of options available the first is to speak to your current network provider. They make be able to help you unlock your iPhone via iTunes – this normally takes around 48 hours but can depend on your network. Another option is to use a third party unlocking provider, who will unlock your phone for you for a small fee. I heard a lot about http://tcawireless.com which provides the services like unlocking phones.