after a few days of new image video/audio starts to skip

ltworf

Jan 19, 2013
I've tried various firmware images and it's the same result. I wipe out all the data then reinstall Linux XBMC. After a few days the audio/video start to pause and skip.

Any suggestions welcome please

ltworf

Jan 19, 2013
I'm not sure what your saying. can you please explain. What am I trying and what do you mean by Linux is not needed?

umOuch

Feb 29, 2012
Somewhere In This Crazy World
The Pivos box is officially sold as an ANDROID BOX not a LINUX BOX. Folks created Linux builds because the ANDROID stuff was no good when it first came out.

On the site pivosforums.com they have links for new firmware and XBMC software that are designed for that box specifically.

ltworf

Jan 19, 2013
so your saying that they have perfected the Android Box now so I should try their firmware?

ltworf

Jan 19, 2013
so your saying that they have perfected the Android Box now so I should try their firmware?

ltworf

Jan 19, 2013
umOuch can you please tell me what this "200Mb/sec powerline adapters" I'm seeing people talk about on some of the discussions. What exactly is it and how does it help.

tuxen

Banned
Mar 23, 2012
Denmark
It's wall outlet plugs with Ethernet so you can transfer data over your 110 or 220volt power lines in your house. I don't see how it should help anything in relation to your original question.

baruchin

May 7, 2012
ABSOLUTELY, YES. I switched and the box is more stable... I have Pandora, nextlix, and games.
No way. Are you referring to the official and latest may 10th Android firmware? Impossible! XBMC is still slow as hell. Linux firmware is still way faster and stable.

baruchin

May 7, 2012
Not my experience on any of our 5 devices. A complete wipe and fresh instable had been more stable than Linux by far.

I had been using toys4you builds.
Stable you said. Not fast. IMHO XBMC GUI in Pivos XIOS on Android still feels slow compared to Linux