After updating to Kodi Leia Alpha 2 none of my add-ons work

Newhouse75

New member
Jan 8, 2017
4
0
1
45
Chicago
Hey everyone. This is my first post on this forum so I hope I do this correctly. Anywho... I updated to Kodi Leia Alpha 2 64bit tonight, and when the installation was done, None of my add-ons that play movies or tv are working. Whenever I try to search for show or movie or even bring up shows I already had in my search nothing is happening. Live add-ons do not work anymore. Basically the new update ruined my Kodi completely. If anyone else has experienced this problem and has a solution, please let me know. Thank You
 
Last edited:

RavRob

Moderator
Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
6,665
76
48
The Halls of Valhalla
Any software in Alpha stage is bound to come with issues. I know testers are required but for this, you have to be willing to put up with such issues and report your problems to the Kodi team. This means, however, that you should not be using infringing addons. Best bet right now would be to do a fresh start or uninstall your addons and re-install them. If this still fails, remove any infringing addons and only install supported addons to test again. That failing, report your problems to the Kodi team complete with log. OR remove Leia and stick with the latest stable version.
 

JNRW

New member
Oct 13, 2014
151
1
0
Have you re-enabled each and every add-on again? This has to be done individually and manually. Have you enabled VideoStream Input?
 

gujal

Developer
Dec 26, 2013
574
319
63
Hey everyone. This is my first post on this forum so I hope I do this correctly. Anywho... I updated to Kodi Leia Alpha 2 64bit tonight, and when the installation was done, None of my add-ons that play movies or tv are working. Whenever I try to search for show or movie or even bring up shows I already had in my search nothing is happening. Live add-ons do not work anymore. Basically the new update ruined my Kodi completely. If anyone else has experienced this problem and has a solution, please let me know. Thank You
There is a major change in Kodi 18 Alpha 2 relating to python caching, the problem you describe, which is showing the same old content is related to that. Every addon needs to be updated for Kodi 18 to handle the python caching.
You can read about it here
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/13814
 

Newhouse75

New member
Jan 8, 2017
4
0
1
45
Chicago
Thank You to everyone that answered my post especially gujal. I read some of your link, but it started to get me dizzy. Its on the technical side of Kodi and anything to techy and I panic. But I get what you mean about the add-ons needing to be updated
 

doktour

New member
Sep 29, 2014
10
0
0
There is a major change in Kodi 18 Alpha 2 relating to python caching, the problem you describe, which is showing the same old content is related to that. Every addon needs to be updated for Kodi 18 to handle the python caching.
You can read about it here
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/13814
After reading the above post on github (thank you gujal for the reference), it mentions a 'disable this feature' command, which, I would expect, would cause the addon to work as before, however it does not appear to do anything as the addons still do not work (in particular if the addon has a search feature).

Perhaps I am doing something wrong...has anyone gotten the disable to work by adding it to the /kodi/addons/(addon)/addon.xml file?

From the github link above:

Code:
[I][B]This feature can be disabled in addon.xml file metadata section

<extension point="xbmc.addon.metadata">
  <reuselanguageinvoker>false</reuselanguageinvoker>
</extension>
[/B][/I]
 

doktour

New member
Sep 29, 2014
10
0
0
@doktour

After many protests, the feature has been disabled by default
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/14136

Update to the latest nightly and you will have your addon working as before without any changes
Thank you for the reply.

Unfortunately in the latest nightly (KodiSetup-20180724-c61da79f-master-x64.exe - showing alpha 3) the search feature still does not work in the same addons that failed in alpha2. If I revert back to alpha1, all of the search features work as they should.

Apparently, although now disabled by default, the original change seems to have broken several addons.

This same behavior (search failure in alpha2 and alpha3) is confirmed on 3 different windows machines.