Alive GR v1.8.2 : Live TV channel streams pausing, buffering or can't stream at all

cantzoul

Oct 18, 2015
Australia
Hi all

I'm in Australia, just bought a new Xiaomi Mi Box running Android v6.0.1. I have installed Kodi v17.6 and the latest Alive GR v1.8.2 addon. I have also enabled the MPEG-DASH addon setting in the AliveGR settings. My internet connection is stable and running over a cable connection.

What I'm finding is that for the mainstream Greek Live TV channels (ERT, SKAI, ANT1 and E) the stream either does not play, or starts to play but then after a few minutes starts to buffer or freeze/pause frequently to the point where audio will cut out and picture becomes too disjointed. When this happens the stream in some cases will just drop out. SKAI is our favourite and this is the one we test with most frequently.

Does anyone have any ideas?
Also how to I retrieve and check logs as I tried going to the event log on the Mi Box but can't see anything.

Thanks

DKSat

Oct 12, 2016
Washingtin DC
The Xiaomi Mi Box it only has WI-FI no Ethernet connection.

For best results, no buffering or freeze/pause you need to be Hard Wire.

Last edited:

cantzoul

Oct 18, 2015
Australia
The Xiaomi Mi Box it only has WI-FI no Ethernet connection.

For best results, no buffering or freeze/pause you need to be Hard Wire.
Thank DKSat for the reply. Before buying the Mi Box I had investigated whether I could use a usb to fixed ethernet adapter. I found a YouTube video which exactly demonstrated that it could work with the Mi Box and bought the same adapter. I disabled the wifi and connected the adapter to the usb port and it worked. The Mi Box was assigned an IP address and I could stream You Tube videos from the internet.