Alternatives to ES File Explorer

Glennr

Dec 31, 2016
Can someone recommend an alternative to ES File Explorer? I have tried X-plore but I don't really like it. I did some googling but since most file managers are designed for phones or tablets with touch screens, it makes it difficult to find one that works easily with android TV boxes with remotes or keyboards.
All I really need to be able to do is simple stuff like copy, paste, delete and have access to both internal memory and external USB or SD.

Meep

Aug 23, 2016
I personally use x-plore and like it a lot, I also have used Astro in the past...

Also IMO the $12 or so it cost to get an air mouse/keyboard combo remote, or the $9 it cost for a touchpad/keyboard remote is money well spent even if you don't use it all the time... I have found at least for me the air mouse is invaluable when it comes to Android boxes, especially when you use other apps beyond Kodi...

photoplay

Sep 18, 2012
I use ES File Explorer on my Android TV box without problems using a Minix Neo A2 Lite remote and I would think most remotes that offer a combination keyboard & mouse function should work fine. As an alternative to ES File Explorer you can might want to give Solid Explorer a try.