Amazon Fire TV?

HenryFord

Jan 6, 2014
Ok well I have ruled out bad hdmi cables. I installed several suggested versions of xbmc. Stopped at spmc 12.3.3.3 with "libstagefright fix" And what happened? I fell asleep testing it. So I don't know.

I will wait for the development to proceed at this point, or maybe ill take that fire tv box out back and shoot the darn thing. Or Write a letter to amazon and ask them when they'll include a special version of xbmc so I can watch all their movies for free.

Good luck with the letter to amazon, maybe you were half asleep and this was sarcasm.....

This is the Gotham build with the fix: http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/andr...bi-v7a.apk
Only libstagefright is (should be) fixed!

This is Koyings fine work!

showgun

Dec 23, 2011
To Your Left
Good luck with the letter to amazon, maybe you were half asleep and this was sarcasm.....

This is the Gotham build with the fix: http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/andr...bi-v7a.apk
Only libstagefright is (should be) fixed!

This is Koyings fine work!
He was being sarcastic. ;)

TheLion is a very dramatic poster when hardware isn't working. Quite inflamitory and dambing to the frustrated hardware.

TheLion

Jun 2, 2013
Central Florida USA
OK good news FINALLY!

spmc 12.3.3.3 with libstagefright fixed works fine YIPPEE! I had to uncheck libstagefright and use 0 cache advanced xml and now watching start trek original series and NO stuttering.

Yes just kidding about the letter, LOL
Good ole Koying Thanks man!

Last edited:

HenryFord

Jan 6, 2014
OK good news FINALLY!

spmc 12.3.3.3 with libstagefright fixed works fine YIPPEE! I had to uncheck libstagefright and use 0 cache advanced xml and now watching start trek original series and NO stuttering.

Good to hear! Only a week or so since release and things are moving nicely with this box. Still need to find a way to get one to Canada without paying crazy prices on Ebay, lol.

showgun

Dec 23, 2011
To Your Left
OK good news FINALLY!

Always read up before you get to frustrated. You landed on the very setup I have been reporting 100% success with since the guides went up.

I know your frustration however. ;)

I and I am stoked you are good to go now.

FoneFreak

Aug 27, 2013
showgun mate, can you get one for me and ship to UK?

if so how much mate, I need to do some testing with a fire

pdlibrary

Jul 9, 2013
I am trying Beyond BBMC 3.4 Beta right now and seems better than the SPMC.

Last edited by a moderator:

fiddystorms

May 22, 2012
Does someone have the correct link to the Gotham nightly that is referenced above with the libstagefright fix? The link is not working.

showgun

Dec 23, 2011
To Your Left
I encourage caution with the BEYOND XBMC builds as they preload content that is banned from XBMCHUB.COM and XBMC.ORG. This content, and thebdevs associated to it, are typically not good to have on your system. I have looked at the work. Its not "better" than SPMC... which is stock XBMC.

XBMCHUB.COM strongly recommends spmc or XBMC.org build only.

Last edited:

pdlibrary

Jul 9, 2013
O encourage caution with the BEYOND XBMC builds as they preload content that is banned from XBMCHUB.COM and XBMC.ORG. This content, and thebdevs associated to it, are typically not good to have on your system. I have looked at the work. Its not "better" than SPMC... which is stock XBMC.

XBMCHUB.COM strongly recommends spmc or XBMC.org build only.
I did not know that thanks for letting us know. Deleted.

JAPGEISHA

Aug 8, 2012
even if you fallow the guid its not easy for an average to instal sdk they all tell you download and instal but never how even doing reading and youtube still little hard .

its the worst part of this process . it would be great if there is a demo to help the users .

Lidds123

Dec 17, 2012
In the uk so think there will be a long wait for this. Do you think they will somehow 'block' installing files this way. Think it looks a great box for xbmc

showgun

Dec 23, 2011
To Your Left
Hard to say.

There tablets have the ability to side load apps so I doubt it would be completely removed any time soon

But... Only amazon can say for sure.

JAPGEISHA

Aug 8, 2012
Officially you need just ADB... but there are requirements for that as well. There are also drivers and such needed
i fallowed youtube after i downloaded they go use eclipse and stuff like that which makes have no idea how the process can be profitable for me using firetv.
i just kept hitting on dab connect (firetv ip) :5555 can not connect .

bestbuy is cross my house i will just have to go and return it before 15 days expires. too bad