Amazon Registration Removal??

Wodehouse

Jul 9, 2014
Has anyone else turned on their FIRE TV today... only to find it is asking for registration information -- with all existing registration information GONE??

A few friends from different parts of the US, and one in Germany have reported the same thing.

Anyone know what's going on?

goldbomb79

Aug 12, 2015
I've heard the same thing happening to a few people today.

edit: I did a little digging and it looks like they hit people with fake accounts with several fire sticks registered to there accounts. My guess would be people who bought jailbroken firesticks are the majority of the people getting hit with this issue.

Last edited:

Wodehouse

Jul 9, 2014
Thanks! Must be something like that.

I gifted a bunch of Sticks last Christmas for my large extended family, and almost everyone is telling me that they have been forced to re-register their devices today.

Perhaps, Amazon has instituted a signup strategy to impress advertisers? This is certainly one way to force new registrations and expand their base, although maybe artificially so.

Swanson

Dec 15, 2014
My Dad's Fire TV asked for a new registration... but now he is unable to get the KODI Launcher icon back onto the Homepage.

No matter how I try... no matter how many times I re-boot KODI, it never appears amongst the Apps.... and never appears next to RECENT.

Short of doing a complete KODI re-install, is there a trick to reclaiming that KODI icon launcher?

Yes... His Fire TV is running the latest 5.2.1.1 firmware which supports the icon launcher on every other FIRE TV I've worked with.

Shel

Feb 4, 2013
update the software and kodi should appear in your apps when you launch it, and also will appear in recent view.