Android M8S+ forgets date and goes to 1969

jeepzj

May 25, 2016
Hi follks..

I have an M8S+ android box loaded with Kodi and it has been working great, but all of a sudden as of late I loose the functionality of all my addons and when I started looking more into it the date has changed. I unplug the device and change the year to current year..and bam.. all works good again.

This last a couple of weeks and the year changes again.

Any ideas? Is there an internal battery that could be toast?

Thanks for your help..

-jeepzj

hammerjammer

Jul 28, 2015
there is no battery but there should be a setting to set your time zone. if i remember right that should keep your time settings. but dont freak out if you unplug your box then plug it back in and your time is off again. just give it a minute and it should reset to the proper time. there may be another setting i'm forgetting so look around in your time settings. ooops. your talking about the date. ok i just checked mine. make sure auto date and time are set. just put a check in the box after you set your time and date.

Last edited:

Shushwap

Feb 8, 2016
The Box is clearly defective
Either deal with the problem or smash it and pick up a new one
They are cheap enough anyhow

Tel Moa

Jun 23, 2015
It was removed from TVADDONS it has happened to alot of people who bought M8 boxes with XBMC on it i uninstalled the kodi version and installed the latest kodi version with a different build

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk