Android Official XBMC Remote for Eden, where is it?

stammie

May 10, 2012
The Blue Nowhere
Forgive me if I'm asking a stupid question but I've not got an Android phone,
I tried to get the official XBMC remote on my sisters phone from the Google Play store but the version on there said its for Frodo and will cause weird behaviour on previous releases due to API changes,
my sis has Eden installed and doesn't want to upgrade I couldn't for the life of me find anywhere on that page to get an older Eden compatible build, so where is it?

DarkAngel

Jan 1, 2013
Michigan, USA
I just checked the version of mine, I have 0.8.8 (if you want the .APK I know how to extract it,) but if you have a decent Android to put it on Yatse is a lil better then the Official remote.

duquesa

Jul 23, 2012
Spain
Agreed Yatse is the best remote i´ve found for xbmc and works on all both frodo and eden, above all else you dont even need to mess with ip addresses it scans and finds your set up, cant get any easier :cool:

Mcord

Nov 30, 2012
use Yaste here as well. at times there are some small bugs but all in all it is an effective remote, and the widgets are nice on my tablet

stammie

May 10, 2012
The Blue Nowhere
Thanks again for the Yatse suggestion, it was a hit with my sister,
the only thing I couldn't figure out in the limited time I had there was how to launch XBMC with it, I held my finger on the icon for her xbmc installation got a "sending wow" message but nothing else happened. Guess I need to look up some Yatse instructions before my next visit there

duquesa

Jul 23, 2012
Spain
Thanks again for the Yatse suggestion, it was a hit with my sister,
the only thing I couldn't figure out in the limited time I had there was how to launch XBMC with it, I held my finger on the icon for her xbmc installation got a "sending wow" message but nothing else happened. Guess I need to look up some Yatse instructions before my next visit there
You can´t, its a xbmc remote and as such xbmc needs to be running to comunicate with your phone/tablet.

stammie

May 10, 2012
The Blue Nowhere
Well I've run into an issue with yatse which I'm hoping someone more experienced with it may know the answer to,
how do you pull up the in play menus when watching a video?
For example when watching a film with multiple soundtracks I couldn't find a way to get into the audio settings and select a different track than the default one, or get into the video menu to adjust things like custom zoom or pixel ratio

EDIT: never mind my 9 year old niece sussed it lol

Last edited:

PrinceALi

May 11, 2012
Hi guys.. since im not gonna make a new thread. This thread will do and save spsce on this site. ; )

I just installed the XBMC remote for Android GS3. I have it connected already since i can control XBMC nicely.

But Im asking is there a way or a setting i must do to have my movies show up on my phone to play it for shortcut so it can appear on my tv ??
Im sure im missing a step or something.

Last edited: