Android SetTop Box Master Thread. Buy, Don't Buy, User Advice & Reviews

Unwritten75

Aug 12, 2015
Ontario, Canada
Did you figure out you can disable any of the repos that you do not want on your box? Even uninstall? My boxes come beyond fully loaded and I find too much on the box is too much to go wrong. We stick with the TVaddons list. More than enough and the support is good.

redrocket

Oct 6, 2017
Rob,
Thanks for the reply. I returned the Beelink GT1 mentioned in my other post mentioned in my other post (seller said remote was "not covered by warranty"), so I'm looking for something else. I am in the USA and actually live near a Walmart. The Mi box looks nice although the boxes I mentioned have better specs, e.g., 32gb vs. 8gb ROM, 3gb DDR4 SDRAM vs 2gb DDR3, octo-core vs. quad-core, Android 7 vs. 6, ethernet port vs. no ethernet port. I don't know how significant these differences are, if not important it may be worth buying from local seller.

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
It sounds like you have a really good box in sight. Give it a try and see how you like it is the best way to go. If it gives you problems, just return it.

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
Please don't discuss pre-loaded crap on this forum. Those are the worst of the worst. If that box was more than $70 US, you paid too much for a good box.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Indigo Tool 3
R Fusion Installer 4
R Indigo Tool 0