Another idea for mhancoc7

sloweb

Aug 11, 2014
Firstly, let me say that I like what you have done with USTVnow. Along those same lines, and compatible with TVaddons ant-piracy philosphy, I would like to suggest another addon. There is a service based out of Vancouver, Canada that offers, legally free, about 40 OTA channels (about half in HD) from around the Canada/USA border, on both coasts. They have a great Droid App, but no Kodi addon. Very similar to USTVnow. The name is CipherTV. I am interested in what you think about this . . .

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
Firstly, let me say that I like what you have done with USTVnow. Along those same lines, and compatible with TVaddons ant-piracy philosphy, I would like to suggest another addon. There is a service based out of Vancouver, Canada that offers, legally free, about 40 OTA channels (about half in HD) from around the Canada/USA border, on both coasts. They have a great Droid App, but no Kodi addon. Very similar to USTVnow. The name is CipherTV. I am interested in what you think about this . . .
I would be interested in taking a look. I can't guarantee that I will jump on it, but it might be fun. The main thing is if they have an API. I would prefer to only work with things that I am able to pull in the data in a consistent way. This doesn't mean that the API is something they advertise. USTVnow doesn't advertise their's. I just keep digging to figure it out. I will take a look and see what I find.

Thanks for the kind words as well.

mkj58

Oct 4, 2014
I would be interested in taking a look. I can't guarantee that I will jump on it, but it might be fun. The main thing is if they have an API. I would prefer to only work with things that I am able to pull in the data in a consistent way. This doesn't mean that the API is something they advertise. USTVnow doesn't advertise their's. I just keep digging to figure it out. I will take a look and see what I find.

Thanks for the kind words as well.
Hi, that sounds like a great idea! It is an awesome task if that could work on a kodi platform....I love what you did here....but since monday mine has stopped working,,,and when it does,it only works for a few minutes then it will kick back to the menu! I have been using ustvnow for about 2 years and just switched over to ustvnow plus about a week ago....the app was working fine but the channels won't stay in no longer than a few minutes...any help or suggestions, please & thank you?

nmyshkin

Sep 23, 2014
Wow...I had never heard of this. I'm impressed by the app--even PIP and CC! Not like most of those fly-by-night IPTV things. These seem to be rock solid and excellent quality. There are at least 2 West Coast PBS outlets and one subchannel. Makes me want to install a rooted copy of Bluestacks on the PC attached to my TV, but a Kodi plugin would be even better.

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
Wow...I had never heard of this. I'm impressed by the app--even PIP and CC! Not like most of those fly-by-night IPTV things. These seem to be rock solid and excellent quality. There are at least 2 West Coast PBS outlets and one subchannel. Makes me want to install a rooted copy of Bluestacks on the PC attached to my TV, but a Kodi plugin would be even better.
I don't really see how this works. It seems that a user would have to purchase and setup their hardware for this to work. I feel like I am missing something.

nmyshkin

Sep 23, 2014
I don't really see how this works. It seems that a user would have to purchase and setup their hardware for this to work. I feel like I am missing something.
The website is very vague. There is a PlayStore app which allows for Android device access. I installed it on my CM 12.1 tablet. I was able to register right from the opening screen.

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
Ok so I took a look at this. I was able to install the app and register an account. The app looks really cool. I am still not 100% clear on how long I would be able to have the free channels. It mentions something about a trial period.

It also seems that they are really trying to sell the Cipher Bar which looks like it is how they want people to connect the service to their TV.

I think this could be really cool, but I would only want to build something for it if there was an API available. I wouldn't want to find a way to work around their system. Since I don't see a way to watch via a web browser this leads me to believe that they would not be interested in a Kodi app being developed since it would be working around their Cipher Bar thing.

I could be missing something, but doesn't look like something I would want to take on.

Thanks