Another noob here sorry

kiplingmartin

Apr 10, 2015
Hi everyone,

Like most if not all of you; you love KODI as much as I do. 95% of what I search for I find. I am wondering why some some older TV episodes are there but then say 'no stream available.' Older Daily Show episodes and Leonard Nimoy's In Search Of come to mind.

My friend turned me on to this and I'm loving it but the lack of free tech support is a bummer. But hey, it's free so I'm not complaining. My friend recently told me of a pay service where I could call and get tech support. If this is true, please direct me to the right place.

One of the things I'm dealing with a lot is the buffering issues. I've been connecting wirelessly to my roommate's DSL and when it starts buffering, I just go to the next one until I find one that plays. This almost always works and I've been watching KODI on my MacBook Pro for about 6 months now without too many problems.

I can finally afford a cable connection and now avarege 28 mbps with a wired connection. I assumed this would get rid of the buffering issue but it has remained the same. The cable installer said it might be due to Mac/PC incompatibility issues which is why some would work and some wouldn't. I don't know, which is why I've finally decided to ask the KODI community for help.

Thanks in advance,

Kip Martin

Don_black

May 25, 2012
Your buffering issue has nothing to do with Mac/PC I am running every platform cause I do a lot of testing. My mac actual runs kodi better than my Windows laptop. I just recent got the Apple TV 4 and it is faster and less choppy than than my AfTV 4K

Don_black

May 25, 2012
If there are a lot of user on the particular sever or watch the same stream then this is server overload therefore most of your buffering issues come from that.

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
Buffering mostly has to do with the hoster. You have a good enough internet. You only need to find what links play well for you and stick to that. I have my favorite that I use and seldom have a buffering problem streaming 1080P.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Welcome Centre 1
W Welcome Centre 2
A Welcome Centre 0