Any news of a 2nd generation Google Nexus player?

tuco11

Sep 24, 2015
Just picked up the google nexus player at Target for $49.99. It seems to run Kodi better than the Firestick. Havent had numerous lock ups. I was just wondering if Google was coming out with a new one since it was heavily discounted. I hope they add a port for wired ethernet.

tuco11

Sep 24, 2015
I like it better than the Amazon Fire TV remote though. Just an FYI , Google Nexus player is on clearance at Target for $24.98.

Eldorado

Staff member
May 7, 2012
Picked up a couple boxes yesterday, looks like no new version coming... at least anytime soon

Have to agree with the remote, very cheap feeling compared to my fire tv remote, out of the box the remote already has issues with the directional keys, thin plastic

jcolemn

Dec 2, 2014
Another thing with the remote is the inability to access the sub menu to save to favorites, mark as watched/unwatched. etc. (if anyone has figured out how, let me know)

tuco11

Sep 24, 2015
this is how i figured it out.... Bought a Logitech K400 wireless keyboard (was on sale at Amazon 19.99) and USB OTG cable. Works great with the Nexus player :D

a00222123

Sep 10, 2015
Another thing with the remote is the inability to access the sub menu to save to favorites, mark as watched/unwatched. etc. (if anyone has figured out how, let me know)
just got mine today and am also liking it better than the fire stick. I agree that the remote is the only problem so I've done some searching around and it seems like the context menu problem can be fixed this way but haven't tried to confirm it yet Alternative keymaps for Nexus Player remote - Kodi

hope that helps and there's also this guy's post google-nexus-player-discussion/34570-fix-sub-menu-nexus-remote-step-step.htmlthttp://forums.tvaddons.co/google-nexus-player-discussion/34570-fix-sub-menu-nexus-remote-step-step.html

not a bad box at all for 10 bucks more than the fire stick. interface also looks better to me imo and you also don't have to figure out how to create a kodi shortcut on the home screen. the only real problem is probably the remote

Last edited:

tuco11

Sep 24, 2015
Just wait until you see the Logitech K400 Keyboard on sale at Amazon for $19.99. Works great with it. Amazon Fire Tv news site will usually put up a story when it goes on sale. Was on sale just last week.