Any road warriors tried out the hotel wifi login yet?

bullsboy

May 28, 2012
Derbyshire, UK
I'm about to order the Fire TV stick to take on my road trips as the latest firmaware makes it possible to log into hotel wifi on a captive portal.

Has anyone tried this yet? Is there an onscreen keyboard for entering details?

bullsboy

May 28, 2012
Derbyshire, UK
I'll answer my own post then! ;-)
I have now received my AFTV Stick and tried it out in a hotel with O2 wifi. The registration page was absolutely flawless. On screen keyboard worked fine.

In use it's OK but I think that may be down to the way the wifi network is set up. After a short amount of time, web requests are redirected to the landing page with a link to go to the page you wanted. This seems to block the home page on AFTV but if you run apps through Manage All Applications, they work perfectly fine. It's a niggle but no show stopper.

lgoodknight

May 28, 2013
Rock Island Arsenal IL
I have used it once and the hotel site did not ask for anything but a enter to connect.

But this was really just a nice to have from Amazon as I have used the FTV and Stick for a long time at hotels with a side loaded firefox browser and worked every time.

bullsboy

May 28, 2012
Derbyshire, UK
I have used it once and the hotel site did not ask for anything but a enter to connect.

But this was really just a nice to have from Amazon as I have used the FTV and Stick for a long time at hotels with a side loaded firefox browser and worked every time.
How are you navigating on Firefox with the stick?