Anyone can let me know how to install XBMC to Chromecast. Thanks.

mikson78

Feb 2, 2014
Hi!
Having trouble casting.
When installing XBMC, the folders /files/xbmc/userdata does not appear.
I tryed creating them by myself but it dont work
avia dont start

Any ideas?

showgun

Dec 23, 2011
To Your Left
I did another guide in the link above. Please note.

User data folder requires root access to see. Also, as mentioned above, XBMC must be loaded at least once in order for then folders to be created.

Installing XBMC doesn't create the folder structure. Running XBMC the first time... Creates the file structure.

thedatamenon

Mar 17, 2018
Hi everyone. I'm new here and I am a software engineer from India. I noticed that many of you are having trouble installing XBMC on chromecast. XBMC is now called Kodi. So there is a way to do it. If you follow the steps clearly, it is very straightforward. And this method works only on Android phones. Check out this link to see how you can do so

https://www.techwhoop.com/install-kodi-on-chromecast/

Once you install, you might find that the stream is a little laggy. So make sure you have a connect with a minimum speed of 10 MBPS. Also the distance of the router from your phone also affects the streaming quality. If you still experience lag, you can try changing the advanced settings from the xml file. This requires a little bit of coding. You can copy paste the content below for your convenience.

<advancedsettings>

<network>

<buffermode> 1 </buffermode>

<readbufferfactor> 1.5 </readbufferfactor>

<cachemembuffersize> 104857600 </cachemembuffersize>

</network>

</advancedsettings>

Have a great day everyone!