Anyone else using Amber skin?

bullsboy

May 28, 2012
Derbyshire, UK
I have been using Sio2 and SioX2 for ages but I fancied a change so I installed Amber from the Skin Dev repo. I have to say it runs incredibly well on my Rpi. I love the customisation and the fanart views are simply beautiful.

It's by the same dev as Quartz so it is designed to run on lower powered devices like ATV2 and RPi. It's in the dev repo but it seems completely polished to me.

Frederick_99

Sep 18, 2012
UK
Yes, I use it and quite like it on my Pi. Its still a WIP so you have to expect some wrinkles.

I like the vertical menu option...somehow my eyes work better that way !

dimman

Sep 18, 2012
For a WIP, its fantastic. Its so smooth and fast on my HTPC, and beautiful too. Going to try it on my Ouya to see if it works well there too. And like you said, some fanart views looks great.

tuxen

Banned
Mar 23, 2012
Denmark
I use it on the RPi. Has a few lacks but it's clearly the fastest skin around. Prettier than confluence or sio2. IMHO

Progboy

Feb 28, 2013
San Jose, Costa Rica
That's the one I'm running on my ATV's.

I actually love the customization it has, but there's some things that still can be improved.

Fact is, now I can't use any other skin because nothing compares to Amber xD ;)

Starcrane

May 15, 2012
I have been tried all skins and always go back to confluence. Not because I love it but because it's the most stable and easiest. Until...Amber. I must say you can do a lot of mods with this interface. This may be a keeper! I haven't had crashes yet. Been using it a week. Keep updating. My family loves it!

atb

Mar 9, 2014
I use it on my boxes and when I sell a box to a friend (because they don't know what they're doing) I tend to setup Amber as the default skin. It's a lot simpler for them to understand; based on confluence vs amber

JackBailey

Jun 28, 2012
Installed this today but recent tv shows do not sure any cover art, like movies etc. (on the main page)

Any advice on how to solve this?

Piggy09

Dec 31, 2013
What do you use to control your rasp pi ? I have installed the xbmc remote app on my iphone and have found that while using the amber skin sometime the remote cannot find xbmc . Has anyone else had these issues ?

ginkop

Mar 11, 2014
It works flawlessly on OUYA
Is there a way to see how much a video has buffered? Obviously on Ouya you can't see the codecinfo screen.

Displaying buffering seems to be a fairly basic feature missing from many skins.

pfj

Oct 31, 2012
Norn Irn
Has anyone else had problems using N*vi X with this skin? Getting script errors on my raspberry pi. But works fine in confluence. This is a great skin BTW well done developer.