Anyone got Paid sly through kodi pvr?

Petebutty

Oct 15, 2013
Hey guys, has any if you guys got your paid subscription sly working with kodi pvr, I had been researching this a good start ago and tried it with mediaportal and a USB capture card but couldn't get it working, had lots of problems with acamd.

I did read about using Linux dvr for decrypting, but would love to hear some of your thoughts. Live streaming is good for what it is, but reliability is a serious issue with them. Integration is really the only reasoning behind it tho, so we'll see if it's worth trying again.

If there's already a thread for this then sorry. Couldn't find it.

FXB78

Aug 18, 2013
So you want to connect a Sky STB to run through Kodi? I don't think that's possible, Fre*view is available via a HD Homerun but I doubt Sky STB integration is possible. If it is, I've never heard of it.

chr1s0fnak1

Feb 16, 2016
There are options available along those lines. Maybe have a look at wetek devices and forum. There are a couple sites which go more in depth but don't promote any illegal activity.

Petebutty

Oct 15, 2013
Yeah I seen the wetek in Openelec website before, but as far as I could gather, the pvr and kodi are two separate systems incorporated in one box,

I think kodi runs on Android but the pvr is ******2, which sounds a bit messy, if I understood correctly, you would need to boot out of kodi and launch pvr.

Petebutty

Oct 15, 2013
Maybe have to get reading again I think, it's a shame sky is so locked down, I pay my sub, and am happy to do so, just hate thier pvr boxes and clunky old software.