Anyone tried latest Kodi release for android?

tahyti

Feb 12, 2014
Hi folks,
I was wondering if anyone tried the lasted xbmc, kodi, and if you felt it was better / worst or just as the latest gotham built.

My Gotham is working pretty good now but for some reason I have a lot of subtitles that are offsets, and it's kinda long to load movies... wondering if I'd get an improvement about that.

Cheers.

TechGuy8

May 19, 2014
I am running Helix 14 Alpha 2 on a FireTv and see very little difference from the Gotham 13's.
I think most of the delay are due to the file server. This may explain why there is not much change in performance.
Since I only have one XBMC box, I will wait until the final release before upgrading.

tahyti

Feb 12, 2014
I have now rooted and added a 1t usb hdd and the 0 cache xml.

Now it really seems to run HD better. Will wait and see.
This is an Ouya forum, but since the first answers talked about Firetv.. I'll ask.

Are you talking about Ouya?

I'm not so sure about 1080P but a far as 720p streams are concerned, my Ouya is great, you shouldnt have to tweak anything. It seams like you have 1080p on Harddrive tho.

I never could get an external HDD + a controller on an USb Hub on a Ouya, but I got both working great with a NAS BOX. Would love to know what's your set up.

Still loving my Ouya.

Cheers.

tahyti

Feb 12, 2014
i tried a fresh install of evertything and i can't get Kodi to play any streams, it crash to ouya's main menu...

Dont fix something that s not broken... Gotham works great but i was wondering if anyone is using with success Kodi with his ouya?