App Launcher AFTV (root NOT required)

KLit75

Jun 10, 2014
I literally just found this a few minutes ago. I haven't tested it and probably won't since I have root and am using other options
http://forum.xda-developers.com/fire-tv/themes-apps/app-aftv-launcher-helper-t3020515
Any questions should probably go directly to the developer. At least until a few people here start using it. I just thought since there was a lot of attention given to the recent ikonotv drama, there might be some people here who are interested.

KLit75

Jun 10, 2014
Can we download this like the topic "install kodi using a tablet "
Not entirely sure I follow...you want installation instructions? It's an apk so if you install apps via adb command, or android terminal app on phone or tablet, or install apk via adbFire...all will work the same. Basically however you installed kodi or any other apps not download directly to fire tv.
***reading the thread I posted. It seems there could be reason to use adb shell if you have trouble. This is very easy but if you're not sure how, I'd avoid this particular app for now.

Chi-Town

Apr 25, 2013
It works...once installed it can launch any launcher or app at boot...i use this with Firedtv launcher..tested with Nova launcher...the only way i was able to get to amazon page was to push setting button twice