Apple tv 1st gen stuck in continuos loop

Krankie882

Banned
May 6, 2012
North wales
Just purchased a apple tv 1st generation which appears to be faulty , it gets stuck in a loop , I have tried to restore to factory settings but the problem is the same after , tried updating to latest software but the update does not appear to complete , it is connected via Ethernet and all appears to be connected , any body got any ideas how I can fix this ? , can I connect the apple tv to my computer to update the firmware or even install the firmware via USB stick ? Any help will be really appreciated , thanks in advance

Krankie882

Banned
May 6, 2012
North wales
Sorted my problem guys , after a few attempts at factory restore and software update all eventually came good , on my way jail breaking as I type this :)

umOuch

Feb 29, 2012
Somewhere In This Crazy World
Great news... If I may make a suggestion that will bring you the best result, in the end... CRYSTALBUNTU. WHAT EVERY ATV1 needs. Turns your atv1 into a dedicated XBMC machine with AirPlay , AirTunes, and more.

Krankie882

Banned
May 6, 2012
North wales
Had allready finished setting up my current apple tv when I saw your post , will try crystalbuntu on my next install :) ( always used atv patchstick in the past as it is the process I an familiar with

umOuch

Feb 29, 2012
Somewhere In This Crazy World
Happy to hear it. After 2 years of tinkering with every possible configuration of ATV1... this was the first one i put on that left me never fittling with it again. Even updates itself when he pushes new features. ENJOY... and give feedback