Apple TV 1st Gen with XBMC Eden - Dependancies Not Met

zop1080

Feb 8, 2013
I have recently obtained an Apple TV 1st Gen which has been successfully jailbroken. At this point I am able to install XBMC with ATVFlash, but once i try to install add-ons, I get errors like : Dependancies Not Met, Broken Add-ons

Can anyone point me in the right direction. Thanks

crusader88

Apr 19, 2013
Problem is right in your title, "XBMC EDEN" is two years old nothing is compatible with it. Install gotham via cyrstalbuntu or openelce

zop1080

Feb 8, 2013
I have already installed Gotham on Crystalbuntu and I have a few questions regarding that method. It's running as a Linux box now, so i assume there is no way to run XBMC from the Apple main menu anymore right? It will be boot up into XBMC and I must use a USB Patchdrive in conjunction with my Apple 1. Does this sound accurate?

Also, is there a way just to boot up into XBMC (Crystalbuntu or OPENelec) without a USB boot drive? Perhaps from internal HDD?

I was interested in still using the Apple 1st iTunes with XBMC as an additional menu link, so if anyone knows a proper functional setup please share. Thanks.

filletboy

Nov 27, 2012
Mass, US
I prefer the openelec because as soon as you are done (auto-loading it) the program asks you for the type of internet connect you want to run. I like ethernet but just for the setup I went with the wifi.

niades

Oct 26, 2013
Does openelec provides you the option to connect either with wifi or ethernet? I didn't know that.

crusader88

Apr 19, 2013
I prefer the openelec because as soon as you are done (auto-loading it) the program asks you for the type of internet connect you want to run. I like ethernet but just for the setup I went with the wifi.
Does openelce do that even if you replace Wifi with hd card?

filletboy

Nov 27, 2012
Mass, US
Does openelce do that even if you replace Wifi with hd card?

Sorry, didn't see this since when...

Not sure as I have not replaced the hd card

just that when openelec is setting up on the device, they ask if you are going to use wifi or ethernet

I did the option for wifi but had no issue connecting ethernet later