Apple TV 2 in start loop URGENT HELP NEEDED

harveys7

Oct 22, 2013
Blackpool, England
Noob here, thanks in advance for any help. So have a untethered jailbroken atv2 on firmware 5.0.2, was bought this way. It was working fine but now when switched on it shows apple logo, goes to the circular timer then cuts off on tv and keeps repeating that over and over. It only does this when the internet is on. When the internet is off it will get to set time and date screen (which obv it cant as no internet) so I press menu and it has a basic menu showing, computer, settings, xbmc, nito tv and maintenance. Once internet is switched on it goes back to the timer loop. Any ideas on problem and how to solve?

harveys7

Oct 22, 2013
Blackpool, England
Ok you might have to rejailbreak.., but first try to uninstall nitotv see if that works,maybe this will help also..http://forum.firecore.com/topic/8103
saw that forum earlier before coming here. To be honest I don't know much about apple TV's, don't know what ssh is either.
From reading other sites and info I came to the conclusion it may need restoring and re jailbreaking but I don't really want to risk bricking it or anything. I hoped there was a way you could get it out of it without all that hassle, like when my iphone got stuck in recovery I just used tiny umbrella and got it out of recovery with a click.
I will try un installing nito tv. Thanks for the suggestions I will get back to you with whether that work.

Cheoykell04

Sep 9, 2012
florida
Shsh to apple tv is really easy..all u need is to download putty if u have windows computer, ip address for apple tv and follow commands it gives you to do...if uninstalling nito doesnt work qnd u want to rejailbreak just download seas0npass and when u open it right click on create ipsw and pick ios 5.0.2...and thats it, make sure u have latest itunes installed on computer

harveys7

Oct 22, 2013
Blackpool, England
Shsh to apple tv is really easy..all u need is to download putty if u have windows computer, ip address for apple tv and follow commands it gives you to do...if uninstalling nito doesnt work qnd u want to rejailbreak just download seas0npass and when u open it right click on create ipsw and pick ios 5.0.2...and thats it, make sure u have latest itunes installed on computer

I don't want to uninstall nito tv as that contains the packages, which I assume the atv2 needs for the jail break to work. I have gone down the putty but it gives no commands. So pretty much lost. Thanks anyway

harveys7

Oct 22, 2013
Blackpool, England
Nice to hear you got up and running.Crusader what a great sameratin, that is why i love this site so many people willing to help.
Yeh was a late one as im 5 hours ahead of him. And I had to have the atv2 that was a pain in the ass. Got there in the end, thanks to Crusader. I had never heard of this site, but had a look and got help within a day. Would recommend it to anyone. Going to download xbmchub on my laptop now and unleash the power haha