Apple Tv 2 Problems (rebooting needlessly)

nitewing15

Jun 19, 2012
I had same problem, running Eden 4.4.4, it was updating and reboot and kept doing it no matter what i tried. So i then installed Frodo and deleted my cache and updated any addons that needed it manually and it is back to normal.

fastcolors

Dec 1, 2012
Italy
What is SSH for all of us newbies, I bought mine last week ATV 2 jail broken, and I have had nothing but trouble, wish I never spent the money now :-( I read a lot of these forums and they seem a bit technical for us guys who just want to plug and play...when you make changes is it through your Mac computer or just the ATV 2 box ??? I am having the very same problem today, it keeps resetting itself, so annoying, since owning it I have only managed to watch 2 movies without problems...Heeeeeeeellllllllllppppppp

SSH:

LINK

if still too complicated try here

LINK 2

filletboy

Nov 27, 2012
Mass, US
Mikey , you beat me to it

stay tuned
I wanted to thank you Mikey for your time and help with anyone in this thread cuz you certainly put in a LARGE brick.

The issue seems to have gone away but your willingness to work this out doesn't go unnoticed.
Above and Beyond

You are VERY appreciated

Lets go have about 7 Sam Adams seasonal a piece (on me) and throw in a few shots

thanks

filletboy

Nov 27, 2012
Mass, US
Now if you could just tell me why my name and password go away after (seems like minutes) a while and I have to retype it in when I want to post

LOLOLOL

Wilber71

Mar 19, 2013
Hartlepool, UK
Did you ever think that we might be trying to help one of the other 10,728 members and not just yourself?
You need to be patient.Just because you click your fingers ,you cant expect someone to jump at your request immediately.
The devs and helpers cant be on here 24/7.They do this all for free and do a lot of work behind the scenes that you dont think of like making new addons.
I can understand your frustration but you must be patient,this is a really friendly place with lots of people willing to help as and when they can.
And as for saying there is no help on the forum for novices,well thats just ridiculous.Its one of the most welcoming forums for anyone of any level/ability and everybody is treated the same.
There are guides for absolutely everything and people willing to give instructions and help whenever they can.
If you need help,i wouldnt start by almost demanding it just because you posted 4 times on the forum.
You need to be patient and also read through threads on the forum as 99 times out of a hundred,someone else will have had the same problem.
Yes sorry guys, just it's getting a little frustrating not being able to use it, after paying £200 last week for it..

mj71

Jan 13, 2013
Loooks like it.They had 2 addons that depended on eachother and were causing issues/crashes/reboots

filletboy

Nov 27, 2012
Mass, US
WHAT I DON'T GET

is how Jamie was able to get his box up and running BUT hey, it's a beautiful thing he was.

I mean, Big Thanks to "Forum Helpers" on that one BUT, how come everyone didn't have the same trouble?

Oh well, technology *shruggs shoulders*

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
I Apple TV 2 5
D Kodi Support 1
M Apple TV 2 3