Apple Tv 2 vs. Macbook Pro

lenniepaz

Aug 19, 2013
I'm trying to help a friend out with an installation of XBMC. He has an Apple TV 2, and a Macbook Pro. I want to keep it as simple as possible, because he's not the best with technology. He has a wife and 3 kids that will be using XBMC, so which would be easier for them, XBMC on the ATV2, or on the Macbook Pro? Any downside to running XBMC on either of them?

bromerzz

Nov 9, 2012
Cyprus
I have both and suggest its best to not tie up the MBP...you will want it for other purposes.
XBMC works great on either.

aaronpuddy

Feb 23, 2013
Why not put it on both? both easy to use. then if the wife and kids are watching one thing. he can watch another else where. the menus load a lot faster on macbook pro.

lenniepaz

Aug 19, 2013
Thanks for the input guys. The more reading I do around here, the more I'm thinking it might be a better solution for him to spend $40 on a Raspberry Pi. His MBP won't be tied up, and from the reading I've done, the Pi outperforms the ATV2.

bromerzz

Nov 9, 2012
Cyprus
For sure get a pi a bit more clunky to navigate around but they will benefit from the 1080p over the ATV. Just need to fix a tv up in the family bathroom and good to go!