Apple TV 4

waspish

May 17, 2012
Apple TV 3 will never be jailbroken in my opinion there is so many different android box options..

The new Apple TV 4 will be jailbroken within the next 3 months I reckon with an App Store there will be enough loop holes to get it done..

filletboy

Nov 27, 2012
Mass, US
i have heard that the Apple Tv 4 will have access to KODI through the app store too. Should be interesting.
Looking for more info on this!

waspish

May 17, 2012
i have heard that the Apple Tv 4 will have access to KODI through the app store too. Should be interesting.
Looking for more info on this!
Yeah had a look at it on YouTube you can't add plugins there is no option for it or a file manager option but early days.

waspish

May 17, 2012
Basically USELESS
Thanks waspish

Makes me wonder what comes on the (they have an amazon stick with KODI already installed now)??

Like I said early days maybe they'll be a backdoor in the app in future update to actually get the plugins on it. At the moment £5:99 for it is a bit steep.

rabat88

Jan 11, 2013
You can add Kodi through a sideload - no jailbreaking necessary:-
http://www.redmondpie.com/how-to-sideload-install-kodi-on-apple-tv-4/

Addons can be added using url ie the fusion drive or through Dropbox using the DBMC addon

Similar method applies to iPad/iPhone
http://lifehacker.com/how-to-install-unapproved-apps-on-an-iphone-without-jai-1749519150

I have done this and Kodi works fine on ATV4. The only addon I am having issues with is N*viX which does not load, otherwise everything seems to work

Alveezus

Oct 19, 2013
Hawaii
You can add Kodi through a sideload - no jailbreaking necessary:-
http://www.redmondpie.com/how-to-sideload-install-kodi-on-apple-tv-4/

Addons can be added using url ie the fusion drive or through Dropbox using the DBMC addon

Similar method applies to iPad/iPhone
http://lifehacker.com/how-to-install-unapproved-apps-on-an-iphone-without-jai-1749519150

I have done this and Kodi works fine on ATV4. The only addon I am having issues with is N*viX which does not load, otherwise everything seems to work
How's the performance on 1Ch**nel and the rest of the other add ons? Could you just do the fusion the usual way where you just pick your device and it presets it for you? or do you have to do manually?

rabat88

Jan 11, 2013
How's the performance on 1Ch**nel and the rest of the other add ons? Could you just do the fusion the usual way where you just pick your device and it presets it for you? or do you have to do manually?
It works fine with all of the addons which worked previously on my old ATV1 (running Isengard on crystalbuntu). The interface on Kodi on the ATV4 is very fast and most movies will load instantly. The only exceptions were N*viX which did not work at all, and the TVAddons Maintenance Program and the Addon Installer. I added each repository manually using fusion; I assumed that the preset installer was not intended for ATV4 so did not try. I added other addons not found on repositories using the DBMC addon but I suppose you can also use a SMB/SAMBA server too. The only thing missing is ssh functionality - but as you can add all the addons and add customisation wallpapers using other methods, its not a big issue.

I also did the same with the iPhone and iPad - again all the addons worked with the exception of N*vi X. 1Ch**nel performs well on all the devices - instant video loading and responsive forwarding/rewinding and buffer free playback. It seems to struggle on buffering on some 1080p videos but works fine on others - but that could be related to unrelated issues. I am very pleased overall and I have sent the old ATV1 to the graveyard.

rabat88

Jan 11, 2013
One issue I noticed is a "failed to start commoncache" error message - this happened on all the apple devices (but oddly not all the time) - ATV4, iPhone and iPad. However, this did not seem to affect any of the addons or functionality so I ignored it.