Apple TV with virgin media

slacky

Aug 17, 2012
Just had virgin media installed and connected to the super hub but it won't let the Internet through. Shows connected on the Apple TV and on the router home page. Is there any ports etc need to be opened?

Frederick_99

Sep 18, 2012
UK
Just had virgin media installed and connected to the super hub but it won't let the Internet through. Shows connected on the Apple TV and on the router home page. Is there any ports etc need to be opened?
I have ATV2 and virgin media superhub and no problems whatsover ...so it will work !

No recollection that i ever had any problems setting it up or had to open any ports or anything, it just worked.

My only suggestion would be to run through the ATV network setup again, choosing automatic selection and check that ip addresses are correctly assigned.

A complete reboot of superhub and PC may not go amiss either.

slacky

Aug 17, 2012
It network on Apple TV it's got the same IP address as the one on the superhub settings. It's seems it connected but for some reason no Internet is getting through

Frederick_99

Sep 18, 2012
UK
It network on Apple TV it's got the same IP address as the one on the superhub settings. It's seems it connected but for some reason no Internet is getting through
The ATV shouldnt have the same ip address as the router,

it should be something like

Superhub Router 192.168.0.1
ATV 192.168.0.xx

slacky

Aug 17, 2012
I ment it's shown on connected devices on the router the same ad the Apple TV is showing. I've left the superhub network and password the same

XxAnthxX

Feb 16, 2013
I have one wired and one wireless on the virgin superhub and both connected without any further intervention.

slacky

Aug 17, 2012
Sorted it guys my dad had pressed some thing he shouldn't of in the xbmc network settings lol