Request ATV 2 Still useful?

Vastrella

Jan 9, 2013
I have a few questions: can I still jailbreak my Apple TV 2 and load KODI 14.2 on it? Is there a newer version of KODI that is still compatible?

waspish

May 17, 2012
Had my Apple TV 2 since it was released and used it for xbmc until the Amazon Fire tv was released. Now using the AFT2 which is perfect for kodi and easy to install everything I want plus apps..

This weekend I thought I'd just check out my Apple TV 2. The problem is you can't update kodi any higher then 14.2 plus certain plugins are not compatible with 14.2, also performance wise now, as you would expect it is well below what you get now with other boxes..

So yeah the Apple TV 2 is pretty much dead...

del_at2

Jul 6, 2013
every few months i press the av button on my tv remote in check its still working lol i keep meaning to set it up in the room but i know i will end up getting another fire tv for the bedroom lol

Chavez67

Dec 15, 2013
I have a few atv2 running with 14.2 for the kids to use and everything that they use it for works perfect and until it complete dies I will still use them.lets keep them going.

Delwashy

Apr 5, 2014
Bolton(England)
I also have a ATV1+2 the 1 is running on frodo 12.2 still clinging to life my ATV2 as long as you keep on top of it maintain it regular use the least addon's as possible avoid 1080 stuff mine will take 720's but a lot of my friends theirs crashes.Mine does crash from time to time only if i aint used it for a couple of days on start up when all the updates start downloading if faints lol but it always recovers.Got an M8 4K android box they are good for the money and not that bad quality

Terragator

May 8, 2013
did a hard reset on mine and now just use it in bedroom for connecting Ipad to using VLC streamer to watch movies,

WOW so using PC, ipad, ATV2 and TV to watch a movie lol.