atv open elec question

aaronpuddy

Feb 23, 2013
Hi there, recently jailbroke a atv 1st gen for a friend using openelec. Xbmc loads up straight away when i turn it on. it doesnt let me go to the normal apple tv menu before and i cant get back to it anyhow. is this how it should be?

TIA

:)

aaronpuddy

Feb 23, 2013
AFTER SOME HELP PLEAAASSEEEE!!!

Installed openelec onto a ATV 1st gen last night and was all working fine at my house.
brought to a friends and all we get are script failures on all add ons
as far as i can see it is connected fine through an ethernet cable as sometimes we get part way into a add on before failures.
it wont let me send a log file unfortunately.
any ideas? not sure how to check the internet connectivity to the apple tv. should i somehow set a static IP address?
thanks for you help!

tuxen

Banned
Mar 23, 2012
Denmark
Seems like there just aint no connection to the intarweb at all (; Check under system there is a submenu called systeminfo there you will be able to see if you get the right ip and so on. Maybe he's router ran out of dhcp leases. Anyway the ip you see in systeminfo should be in the same range as the computers he has connected. ipconfig from a command line in windows will tell you he's ip address so you can match them up against eachother.

Last edited:

aaronpuddy

Feb 23, 2013
thanks for your reply Tuxen. I managed to get DHCP to get a correct ip address from the router within its range finally. the problem he has now is nothing seems to load on the apple tv, no movie trailers or anything. not a xbmc issue i know. I reinstalled the older version of jailbreak so i could still get to the network menus off the apple tv. the problem i believe is his ping is over 800 as he has to have satellite internet. (he's out in the stick's.) so nothing works at all. but his iPad manages to stream Filmon, so not sure why apple tv won't work at all.