ATV1 & Broadcom Crystal HD -15 Card

redred

Aug 6, 2013
I'm sure this is here somewhere, but for the life of me I haven't been able to find it using any searches. I am new to XBMC and Crystalbuntu. I have ordered the Broadcom -15 card, but I cannot find how to enable it once it's installed. My ATV1 is already set up with Crystalbuntu. It's running ok, but I am sure the broadcom card will help out a lot.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for enabling the card after it's been installed?

For those who need it, I am running a Mac (but can also run windows XP with VM Ware if necessary). I am assuming I need to SSH into the ATV but what to do from there is beyond me.

Cheers (and thanks for the great forum & info!)

redred

Aug 6, 2013
So should I have the card installed prior to doing the CB2 install? Or is it ok to add the card after the fact?

Cheers!

crusader88

Apr 19, 2013
Normally you have too before but I don't think it makes a difference because it installs the drivers in cb so it might automatically recognized when placed inside the ATv

Reduck

Jan 4, 2014
Curious to see if this was plug and play for you. I just ordered the same card for my atv and it's already running cb2 and 12.3.
Thanks!